Cow's Milk?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-28-2011, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Moms!

I am a mom of 2 (2.5 & 9 mo (ebf)). We used to see a naturopath, 2 to be exact and left them because they both were very hard to work with and to say the least were not very nice. I was just asking questions, anyhow.... They both told us to stay away from Cow's Milk. I have been on this website for a few months now and LOVE IT! I see some of you moms, dont do cow's milk but do yogurt?? I was wondering why and what are the benefits, since they told me absolutely none of that... Also kind of an odd question but what is Keifer?? I know that contains cows milk as well? sorry for probably some stupid questions but I trust you moms more than the docs sometimes :)

#2 of 2 Old 03-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!

Why did they say no cow's milk? If you can find a good clean source of fresh raw cow's milk you can thrive on it. I can tell you from personal experience! It has been life changing for me. I have autoimmune and horrible stiffness/arthritis. To the point, that at 26, my husband had to lift me out of bed and dress me/brush my hair/put on my bra in the mornings. I switched almost 3 months ago to raw milk and I can function again :)  I found my milk source at realmilk.com.  The coop I pick up from, the man that runs it gets TONS of emails on infants and toddlers are thriving on it as well. ANYHOO. Just my 2 cents.

As for kefir, I ordered grains last week and have been making it in my raw milk. It's a probiotic and they look like cauliflowers. Google their health benefits. VERY immnune boosting. You can see lots of you tubes on it. Just search milk kefir grains.

Hope this helps!

love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page