TF and Egg-Free - Would love advice. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-25-2011, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies,

I got the results of my allergy test a few weeks back and learned that in addition to gluten (which I already knew about) and a few others (garlic! chocolate! green beans!), I'm highly allergic to eggs.  Eggs.  I had four the morning I got the results.  I had eight dozen semi-pastured backyard eggs in my fridge.  :(

So now what?  I've been gluten free for a while and since then have become more reliant on eggs in my baking.  Especially as I've been tending towards grain-free.  Anyone else TF and gluten/egg free?  Can you direct me to resources?  I bought some En-r-G egg replacer and have used it or flax goop with some success.  I still want my family to enjoy good pastured eggs so sometimes I just cook for them skip out on the pancakes. 

Now that I can't eat eggs, what should I watch for nutritionally?  I guess I'll need more seafood to make up for the Omega 3's.  What else?  Choline??  I dunno. 

Has anyone reversed an egg allergy?  My ND says I can try a duck egg challenge in six months. 

I've found a few old threads about egg-free breakfasts.  Helpful. 

Mom of three: DS 10/05, DD 01/08, and DD 02/10 Wife to a great guy ., wannabe homesteader, traditional foods geek, counselor and postpartum doula.
#2 of 3 Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 PM

I"m also sensitive to chicken eggs but I tolerate duck eggs just fine.  After a few years of living without eggs or using egg subs,  it is so lovely to have actual eggs to eat.  After you do an elimination diet for a while,  you could try introducing duck eggs and see how you do. 

#3 of 3 Old 03-28-2011, 12:27 PM

I was just reading today that some people who are allergic to poultry eggs can eat quail eggs.  They're smaller but nutritionally packed!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page