Fermented cod liver oil - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm interested in taking this but was wondering if anyone knows the dose to use while pregnant. Also should I get the straight cod liver oil or the one with butter oil in it as well. I'd like to take this for a healthy pregnancy as well as to see if it will help me with some issues with eczema (which I only have when I'm pregnant!).

I've been looking at the Green Pasture brand.

Thanks!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#2 of 2 Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are the Weston A. Price Foundation recommendations

" * Pregnant and nursing women: A dose of cod liver oil that provides about 20,000 IU vitamin A daily, obtained from 4 teaspoons regular cod liver oil or 2 teaspoons high-vitamin cod liver oil."

Hope this helps. I attempted to do that throughout my pregnancies, but I have enough trouble taking CLO without having that pregnancy aversion thing! Good luck! And happy birthin'!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page