Mothering Forum banner

GF Sourdough

670 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cwtmommy 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a great recipe for a starter? (a gluten free one...)

I've found a few but they all really rely on white rice flour...And I am hoping to either go the buckwheat, millet, or sorghum route, I think... although I am open to suggestion!

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have made 2 different very successful GF starters. One with teff and one with brown rice flour. I have made so many starters that I don't even use a recipe now. I just put 1/2 cup flour in jar and a little less water, mix, cover with clean cloth, place in warm spot for a day or two, take some out add more flour and water (ratio is pancake consistency), leave in warm spot again. Repeat this for about a week and you will see it all bubbly. When it is able to grow to double its size, it is ready. If your house is cold, you could set in oven with light on. My oven has no light, so I boil the kettle, place that in the oven to warm it up and set the jar in there. (oven is off, but the kettle warms it up nicely). hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.