D3, CLO, CO and sunburn - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-10-2011, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I wasn't suppose to burn with increased D3 and coconut oil in my diet and I have burned 3 times this spring for the first time ever in my life. I don't normally burn and I am consuming more d3, CLO and CO than ever. What's up? What do you all do? I am not fair skinned at all being Mexican and Native American.

#2 of 3 Old 06-12-2011, 05:51 AM

I didn't see a sunburn difference with CO, even when doing high levels, but I did see a sunburn difference when I started rendering lard and using it in cooking regularly. For the first time, I and the kids would take a looooong time to burn, and then when we did get pink, it turned brown in no time. We are always sort of careful in the sun, trying not to get burned, but I actually could be less careful, because we just didn't burn as much. I don't know why lard did it and the others didn't. I was doing no coconut oil at all at the time that I started the lard, so I'm pretty sure it was that.

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

#3 of 3 Old 06-12-2011, 10:13 PM

What kind of CLO? Most brands today are not very high in natural D and A anymore, and often have synthetics added, without any labeling to warn you of that.
Look for the Blue Ice brand. A little spendy, but a bottle lasts one person 6 months.

It is mythical that CO is a sunscreen. Yes, it will offer your cells fabulous nutrition, and allows your body to deal with the sun better, but on its own, it cannot do it all. Its better to eat a variety of natural fats.

FYI on the lard. If its from pastured animals, it is packed with vitamin D.

I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page