My DD palate widened in less than 6 months! Warning, big pictures - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD (Doozer) is almost 18 months old.  I was vegan leading up and through her pregnancy.  I added eggs back into my diet when she was about 4 months old.  When she was about a year old we started eating meat and fish again and I started dosing her with CLO.

Doozer got her first tooth at 3 months, so I was worried that I didn't have a lot of opportunity to widen her palate.  A few weeks ago she got her last tooth in (until her 2 year molars).  It was her lower canine.  I was looking at it the other day and I noticed that it's out of line with her lower incisors.  It seems to be on a wider arch!  I'm so excited!  It's giving my hope for my son's mouth since his teeth are very close together.

058.JPG

059.JPG

Hmm, maybe I should have brushed Doozer's teeth before taking pictures.  duh.gif

Anyways, we're not even hardcore TF.  We sometimes eat full fat organic commercial yogurt, use animal fats, sometimes eat natto, take CLO 3-7 times a week, and eat tons of eggs.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#2 of 6 Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM

Hmmm? tell me more! how do you widen a child's palate? Perhaps I should read more in the TF section... Dh and I are considering a paleo diet. 1yo Ds has had non-stop runny nose since march (was NEVER sick before that) and 4yo Ds has frequent diarrhea and tummy upsets. I myself have Myasthenia Gravis, so need an anti inflammitory diet to follow.

#3 of 6 Old 08-18-2011, 01:11 PM

I wonder if eating paleo/primal can do that for older kids??? especially as the loose their baby teeth? I've been pushing primal eating w/the kids and now dd has to have protein/fat for bkfst every morning... I've almost got cereals out of the house (Still working on dh w/that one)

#4 of 6 Old 08-18-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Nmelanson, I'm no authority at all.  I've just started incorporating more TF practices into our diet.  I haven't noticed a change in BuggaBoo, but he's older and more deeply entrenched in his way of eating.

Shijin, I think primal would help.  A lot of TFers push dairy for K2, but we still don't do a lot of dairy.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#5 of 6 Old 08-19-2011, 05:40 AM

I've been working on having liver - in some form or another 1xweek for myself and the kids...they love the Liver pate I've made...that reminds me I should pull some out of the freezer - so I can have some this weekend... dh though has no desire for liver -as long as the kids eat it I'm good!  I call it a special treat - so they think its something really good... once it cools down - I'll be working more bone broths into our weekly rotation....

#6 of 6 Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Ah, yes, liver rocks.  I love the stuff, BuggaBoo isn't so keen on it, Doozer will have it sometimes, The Hubby is wary.  A form of K2 is found in natto, I like it stirred into scrambled eggs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page