introducing raw milk to my dairy intolerant son :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-18-2011, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi

my little boy has had no cow dairy since he was a baby (sadly gave up breastfeeding with his severe reflux). He´s now 2y8m and I have finally found a good source of raw milk here in the UK. This morning I gave him 2oz mixed with 2oz water and waited ....no reaction! we have trialed yogurt from time to time , which he vomited straight away. He was fine all day, no tummy trouble. I am so hoping this will work out! Obviously a reaction can build with time but this looks promising.

I will do 2oz for a week and then gradually increase.

I LOVE the taste of raw milk, and it already has stopped constipation for me..!!

Has anyone done the same with their dairy intolerant child?

Kimmy

#2 of 5 Old 08-24-2011, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

How is it going with your trial? 

I've actually had the opposite problem with me.  I had a dairy allergy as a child which faded, but I am still lactose intolerant with mild symptoms (some fermented dairy is OK).  But raw just does a number on me.  

You are going about it the right way, though I would have started with a thimbleful!  I hope this late response finds you with some positive results.  I tried several brands of raw milk, and raw goat milk and raw sheep feta.  After a week my bowels were in pain big enough that I couldn't go on with the trial. I've tried that about 3 times, now I'm done.

Any luck?

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#3 of 5 Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM

my son became constipated and gassy even with raw milk from 8 months on. I finally gave him a little raw milk after he turned two and he's been able to drink glassse of it every since. He can eat cheese, yogurt and ice cream with no trouble now either. I think some kids just outgrow the intolerance!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#4 of 5 Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 PM

Some people tolerate it better if it is fermented, such as in kefir or buttermilk. Then much of the lactose gets converted to lactic acid, which makes it much easier for anyone who is lactose intolerant to consume.

#5 of 5 Old 09-10-2011, 09:33 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

Oftentimes raw goats milk is easier to tolerate and digest than cows:)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page