Proof that FCLO "cures" severe underbites - Mothering Forums
Traditional Foods > Proof that FCLO "cures" severe underbites
BubblingBrooks's Avatar BubblingBrooks 03:01 PM 09-05-2011

We are in the process of adopting a baby girl that we brought home when she was 3 weeks old.
She had a rather severe under bite at birth.
We immediately started her on the WAPF formula, as my attempts at laction did not work out.
The formula calls for fermented cod liver oil, and I have done a fair amount of reading over the years regarding the healing it can do with dental deformities, if they are addressed in the first 3 years of a child's life.

I am pleased to say, that she is almost 7 months old, and the under bite is almost gone joy.gif
Her palate has also widened a fair amount, and I do not anticipate needing to have any ortho work done in the future!

Lazurii's Avatar Lazurii 01:21 PM 09-06-2011

Wow, congrats Babbling Brooks!  That's just so exciting.  We've had success with widening my DD palate with just CLO, but this makes me want to buy some of that oh-so-expensive FCLO and force it down my son, he has a very narrow palate.  Thanks for sharing!

BubblingBrooks's Avatar BubblingBrooks 09:58 PM 09-06-2011

Its not that expensive. One bottle lasts one adult 6 months, and for an infant, twice that long.

Lazurii's Avatar Lazurii 10:57 AM 09-07-2011

Oh, that's good to know.  I buy the cheap TwinLabs stuff for ~$12 and if I remember to dose everyday then it lasts us a month.

countryangels's Avatar countryangels 05:39 PM 11-05-2011

Congrats! That is awesome!thumb.gif

A couple of "newbie" questions, is FCLO fish cod liver oil, or fermented cod liver oil?

If its fermented, how do they do that?

Can you give me a brand name, an organic brand name? Where I could buy it from?

Can I get it online?

Can you elaborate on more of the benefits, please.

Thank you,

Blessings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

We are in the process of adopting a baby girl that we brought home when she was 3 weeks old.
She had a rather severe under bite at birth.
We immediately started her on the WAPF formula, as my attempts at laction did not work out.
The formula calls for fermented cod liver oil, and I have done a fair amount of reading over the years regarding the healing it can do with dental deformities, if they are addressed in the first 3 years of a child's life.

I am pleased to say, that she is almost 7 months old, and the under bite is almost gone joy.gif
Her palate has also widened a fair amount, and I do not anticipate needing to have any ortho work done in the future!

BubblingBrooks's Avatar BubblingBrooks 04:46 PM 11-09-2011

It is fermented cod liver oil. Blue Ice is the only brand on the market.
They are fermenting it in the same manner that Vikings did. If you go to their website, there is a write up on the process.
And also, you can only buy it online.

http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Home/index.cfm

Benefits?
Here is what www.drrons.com writes about it on the page where they sell it.

Quote:

From ancient Rome to the Arctic, from Scandinavia to the South Seas, in traditional cultures fermented fish oils were sacred foods considered essential to well being.

Available now for the first time in over one hundred years, there is no more potent food supplement than fermented cod liver oil. Thick, rich, raw, full of enzymes, pigment and nutrients, you will taste the difference and feel the energy.

Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Oil, available in capsules, unflavored liquid or cinnamon flavored liquid (more flavors coming soon), is produced using a proprietary cold process extraction and cleaning method and lactic acid fermentation. Batch processed, it is independently tested to international purity standards.

Fermentation of the raw livers yields oil rich in enzymes and associated nutrients that make fermented foods uniquely strengthening. Many of these nutrients are unidentified as yet, but we do know that our fermented oil contains some ten times more quinones than the same oil unfermented. Quinones include vitamins K and E, Coenzyme Q10, and other important biological molecules.
Each eight-ounce bottle of the liquid comes with a special cap and small syringe that allows exact dosage.

Originally Posted by countryangels View Post

Congrats! That is awesome!thumb.gif

A couple of "newbie" questions, is FCLO fish cod liver oil, or fermented cod liver oil?

If its fermented, how do they do that?

Can you give me a brand name, an organic brand name? Where I could buy it from?

Can I get it online?

Can you elaborate on more of the benefits, please.

Thank you,

Blessings!

BubblingBrooks's Avatar BubblingBrooks 08:28 PM 11-09-2011

Wanted to add that FCLO prevents infections and slow healing for diabetics. We have proof in our home. DH has type 1 and FCLO has been incredible for him.
It also fully prevents sunburn!

CookAMH's Avatar CookAMH 10:09 PM 11-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

It also fully prevents sunburn!

By applying it on the skin or just through regular dosing? I'm assuming so...I think I'd rather get burned then smell like FCLO hehe. nono02.gif

BubblingBrooks's Avatar BubblingBrooks 09:04 AM 11-14-2011

regular dosing, Lol!

Up