Proof that FCLO "cures" severe underbites - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-05-2011, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are in the process of adopting a baby girl that we brought home when she was 3 weeks old.
She had a rather severe under bite at birth.
We immediately started her on the WAPF formula, as my attempts at laction did not work out.
The formula calls for fermented cod liver oil, and I have done a fair amount of reading over the years regarding the healing it can do with dental deformities, if they are addressed in the first 3 years of a child's life.

I am pleased to say, that she is almost 7 months old, and the under bite is almost gone joy.gif
Her palate has also widened a fair amount, and I do not anticipate needing to have any ortho work done in the future!

I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

#2 of 9 Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Wow, congrats Babbling Brooks!  That's just so exciting.  We've had success with widening my DD palate with just CLO, but this makes me want to buy some of that oh-so-expensive FCLO and force it down my son, he has a very narrow palate.  Thanks for sharing!

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#3 of 9 Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Its not that expensive. One bottle lasts one adult 6 months, and for an infant, twice that long.

#4 of 9 Old 09-07-2011, 09:57 AM

Oh, that's good to know.  I buy the cheap TwinLabs stuff for ~$12 and if I remember to dose everyday then it lasts us a month.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#5 of 9 Old 11-05-2011, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats! That is awesome!thumb.gif

A couple of "newbie" questions, is FCLO fish cod liver oil, or fermented cod liver oil?

If its fermented, how do they do that?

Can you give me a brand name, an organic brand name? Where I could buy it from?

Can I get it online?

Can you elaborate on more of the benefits, please.

Thank you,

Blessings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

We are in the process of adopting a baby girl that we brought home when she was 3 weeks old.
She had a rather severe under bite at birth.
We immediately started her on the WAPF formula, as my attempts at laction did not work out.
The formula calls for fermented cod liver oil, and I have done a fair amount of reading over the years regarding the healing it can do with dental deformities, if they are addressed in the first 3 years of a child's life.

I am pleased to say, that she is almost 7 months old, and the under bite is almost gone joy.gif
Her palate has also widened a fair amount, and I do not anticipate needing to have any ortho work done in the future!

#6 of 9 Old 11-09-2011, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

It is fermented cod liver oil. Blue Ice is the only brand on the market.
They are fermenting it in the same manner that Vikings did. If you go to their website, there is a write up on the process.
And also, you can only buy it online.

http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Home/index.cfm

Benefits?
Here is what www.drrons.com writes about it on the page where they sell it.

Quote:

From ancient Rome to the Arctic, from Scandinavia to the South Seas, in traditional cultures fermented fish oils were sacred foods considered essential to well being.

Available now for the first time in over one hundred years, there is no more potent food supplement than fermented cod liver oil. Thick, rich, raw, full of enzymes, pigment and nutrients, you will taste the difference and feel the energy.

Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Oil, available in capsules, unflavored liquid or cinnamon flavored liquid (more flavors coming soon), is produced using a proprietary cold process extraction and cleaning method and lactic acid fermentation. Batch processed, it is independently tested to international purity standards.

Fermentation of the raw livers yields oil rich in enzymes and associated nutrients that make fermented foods uniquely strengthening. Many of these nutrients are unidentified as yet, but we do know that our fermented oil contains some ten times more quinones than the same oil unfermented. Quinones include vitamins K and E, Coenzyme Q10, and other important biological molecules.
Each eight-ounce bottle of the liquid comes with a special cap and small syringe that allows exact dosage.

Originally Posted by countryangels View Post

Congrats! That is awesome!thumb.gif

A couple of "newbie" questions, is FCLO fish cod liver oil, or fermented cod liver oil?

If its fermented, how do they do that?

Can you give me a brand name, an organic brand name? Where I could buy it from?

Can I get it online?

Can you elaborate on more of the benefits, please.

Thank you,

Blessings!

countryangels likes this.

#7 of 9 Old 11-09-2011, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Wanted to add that FCLO prevents infections and slow healing for diabetics. We have proof in our home. DH has type 1 and FCLO has been incredible for him.
It also fully prevents sunburn!

countryangels likes this.

#8 of 9 Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

It also fully prevents sunburn!

By applying it on the skin or just through regular dosing? I'm assuming so...I think I'd rather get burned then smell like FCLO hehe. nono02.gif

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#9 of 9 Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

regular dosing, Lol!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page