Dosing of FCLO & BO for Babies - AND - Royal vs. FCLO+BO - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-06-2011, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Is there a source out there for how much fermented CLO and butter oil to give infants and toddlers? I'm specifically wondering about my 9 month old. I'm looking for a new list, since FCLO came out.

Also, have you found it makes more sense to buy FCLO and BO separately or the to buy the Royal blend? Royal is 2/3 FCLO and 1/3 BO and I can get it for $42/bottle. I can get FCLO for $35/bottle and BO for $55.50/bottle. When I break it down, it comes within a dollar, but what confuses me is the optimal ratio. On the FCLO bottle, it recommends 2ml and the BO says 1/2 tsp. The Royal blend also says 1/2 tsp. So individually, you'd be taking MORE BO than FCLO, but if you took the Royal, you'd be taking more FCLO..

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-06-2011, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I saw recommended amounts for children in the book Cure Tooth Decay. I can check it later this evening. That's a good question about getting the blend vs. the FCLO and BO separately. I was trying to figure that out about a year ago and just decided to use the Royal blend so I could take one product rather than two. In the last few weeks I started taking a little fermented skate liver oil as well.

#3 of 3 Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 AM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Here are dosage recommendations http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/cod-liver-oil-basics

And I have been trying to figure out whether I should take them together or seperatly too.  I think I'll take the blend just for the ease of it.  Where were you looking when you found the prices you mentioned, and does that include shipping, or is shipping free?  The cheapest I have found including shipping is Amazon.

Thanks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page