Pumpkin custard recipe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-22-2011, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A couple years back someone had posted a recipe for a crustless pumpkin pie. I used to make it and eat it for breakfast. I lost it, and can't ever remember recipes. Anyone have a good one?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2011, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

I make mine like this - homemade pumpkin - about 1 cup (this can be roasted and frozen- I do one cup bags) mixed with eggs (this can be 3 to 5 depending on the size)- about 1/4 c molasses (more or less)-mix well, add spices to taste (cinnamon, vanilla, allspice, mace, cardamom, nutmeg. ginger, salt and black pepper) add milk or cream until desired thickness (I like it "pudding like" thickness) - water bath it for about 30 to 45 mins in buttered custard cups until the knife comes out clean-cool, comes out more like a moose texture ----eat warm or cold with or without whipped cream

a lot depends on "how much I have" more pumpkin more eggs and milk, I don't like it too sweet - when I make regular egg custard I add honey on top when done, but I like the baked molasses taste in this   

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 09-24-2011, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's a good one one the gluten free goddess blog. I change it up some, I use coconut milk instead of hemp, and coconut oil instead of olive, sorghum flour instead of whatever she calls for. Maybe not what you are looking for, but I like it well enough.

~helen~ mama to 5 yo twins jonas and micah and my 2 yo baby boy eli

User Tag List