Anyone IF while breastfeeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-24-2011, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Not looking for anyone to tell me not to do it, rest easy that I won't be doing anything more than skipping a meal or two - just looking for other peoples' experiences.

I've been paleo for a few months now, and finally after cutting out nuts and drastically reducing the fruit, I feel *awesome*.  I used to feel hungry all the time, and I blamed it on the nursing, but now after refining my diet I don't have nearly the hunger level and assume that I was still leptin resistant and now I'm not.  Or more sensitive, anyway.  

So now that I could conceivably go longer periods of time without feeling like I'm dying of hunger, I want to give IF a shot.  Anyone else done it?  Thoughts to share?

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#2 of 2 Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would probably avoid it while EBF but maybe after a year of age with good fluid intake.  You might try tiny nutrient-dense snacks to replace meals but be careful to pay attention to your body please!  When I eat very light meals that are more like snacks I think of it as trail food.   Nomadic people might have a lot of simple and small meals to tide them over before they settled enough to feast.  Nothing formally historical--it's just an image I like.  Think how many of our ancestors, however, were grateful and well-fed on so much less than we eat.  And so much healthier, too!  Too many calories seems to actually be one of the major catalysts for our increased illnesses of civilization, just like the increased consumption of flour is.

I have learned to recognize a true empty stomach and to wait for that before I start filling it.  It looks like IF but that's not how I think of it because I eat right away when I feel hungry.  I often breakfast at noon or later because I feel more comfortable if I wait for a stronger desire to eat.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page