I want to learn more about eating a traditional foods diet, but I need your help, I am confused because of the following, here is some background. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 15 Old 11-05-2011, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
 
countryangels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

WARNING, too much information, not suitable for children....

 

Hello Ladies,

 

 

I have always had very painful periods, cramps, leg pain, etc. Also, I had really bad facial hair, a beard is not very feminine greensad.gif I also suffered from several cysts in my breast as well, as well as uterine fibroids. Heavy bleeding with lots of clots.  During my cycle. I usually

eat meat when I ovulate & right before I get my period. I really crave it on that day. And after I eat the meat, I get my period. I also get a huge craving for chocolate on that same day. I originally thought I just had an iron deficiency, but the cravings come right before the period.

And I had constipation from time to time.

 

I have always been a milk drinker, I just love dairy, cheese, yogurt, anything from the cow! LOL! But, I typically only eat the meat twice a month, maybe 3 times at most. So, my diet consisted basically of a ton of cheese, milk, yogurt, eggs, brown rice, some beans, a couple of cans of tuna, wild salmon a month, along with broccoli (my favorite) spinach salads, some nuts (almonds, walnuts, peanut butter) Whole wheat organic pasta also. Whole wheat pita breads.

 

Ok, I got sick of my cramping, and I went on a green juice fast for a couple of days, then I decided

to quit everything that might have hormones in it. So, I quit the milk, eggs, cheese, meat,

chicken, etc. Unfortunately, I do not have access at the moment to hormone free meat, eggs, milk, etc. I also quit the whole wheat organic bread and pasta.

 

So, I have been eating apples, bananas, a bit of lentils, a bit steel cut oatmeal, green juices,

carrot juice, a bit of brown rice, some broccoli, some spinach, some peanut butter (organic)

A TBS of organic coconut oil a day. Fish oil capsules.

The only common denominator is the green juices, lots of veggies. The other stuff is not every day.

 

Here is the result, I had my period with NO cramps, after a lifetime of cramping, no bloating,

no cravings for meat or chocolate, my breasts feel less lumpy, no pain in them either.

No constipation at all, nice bowel movements.

So, I feel a lot better, which is awesome!!! But, I have what seems to be two cavities, brownish

spots in my upper teeth. I have had a lot of problems with my teeth over the years, because of my sweet tooth. I need to reminerilize (sp?) my teeth, I need to make them stronger.

I want to go on a traditional foods diet for life. But, my concern is the painful periods,

the facial hair, the blood clotting, colon cancer if I eat too much meat (I have relatives with colon cancergreensad.gif)

 

So, I need your help, what can I eat, to be on a traditional foods diet, to help my teeth, to reverse

cavities, to make my bones stronger, to make me healthier, to avoid constipation,

pain free periods, eliminate cravings (I do not have any cravings now! Which is a miracle!)

I want to improve my immune system, prevent cancer, get really really healthy!!!

 

I do not understand all of the different diets, paleo, traditional, etc.

I am not eating any processed junk at all.

 

Thank you for reading this long post, thanks for your help!thumb.gif

 

Can you please help me out? I appreciate it!

 

 

countryangels is offline  
#2 of 15 Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 PM
 
Sandyandhaley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

making bone broth would be a good start.

Sandyandhaley is offline  
#3 of 15 Old 11-05-2011, 09:05 PM
 
BubblingBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way up North
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The very first thing to do is to get on Amazon and order a copy of The Mood Cure, by Julie Ross.
She will help you step by step use Amino Acids, Magnesium, and several other things to deal with the endocrine issues you are dealing with.
If you want some instant relife to help you feel better and more able to begin the process, buy a bottle of high quality Magnesium.
It will work with your body allowing proper uptake of all minerals, it will calm you and allow you truly restful sleep.

Also, eating meat does not cause cancer. You are craving it for a reason. It also is not causing the facial hair or the painful periods. Those are the result of processed foods and stress throwing you endocrine system out of whack.

Read through this post as well, and really think about what she is writing. Read the comments as well.
I believe it will help you solve a few riddles.
http://www.cheeseslave.com/2011/10/29/are-you-suffering-from-magnesium-deficiency/


I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

BubblingBrooks is offline  
#4 of 15 Old 11-06-2011, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
countryangels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)



Thank you both for your replies!thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

The very first thing to do is to get on Amazon and order a copy of The Mood Cure, by Julie Ross.
She will help you step by step use Amino Acids, Magnesium, and several other things to deal with the endocrine issues you are dealing with.
If you want some instant relife to help you feel better and more able to begin the process, buy a bottle of high quality Magnesium.
It will work with your body allowing proper uptake of all minerals, it will calm you and allow you truly restful sleep.

Also, eating meat does not cause cancer. You are craving it for a reason. It also is not causing the facial hair or the painful periods. Those are the result of processed foods and stress throwing you endocrine system out of whack.

Read through this post as well, and really think about what she is writing. Read the comments as well.
I believe it will help you solve a few riddles.
http://www.cheeseslave.com/2011/10/29/are-you-suffering-from-magnesium-deficiency/



Hi BubblingBrooks,

 

Thank you so much for your post!

And many many thanks for the link! WOW!!!

 

I also suffer from insomnia (sp??)

I have a lot of the symptoms that would seem to mean that I am deficient in Magnesium.

I took a couple of pills I found last night, and I slept much better!!!

Thank you so much! I will keep reading the rest of the replies & try to get the book as well.thumb.gif

You have no idea how much you have helped me!!!!

 

By the way, the reason, I mentioned the meat, is because the relatives I have with colon cancer,

were told to stop eating meat.

One of my relatives with colon cancer, was never a fan of fast foods, processed stuff. But, always ate

meat for lunch & dinner. Sometimes even bacon for breakfast as well.

I read somewhere that it takes about 2 to 3 days for your body to digest the meat out of your body. The dead meat is putrifying inside of your body... So, I fgured that maybe too much meat might have a harmful effect. I love meat, and I always craved it when I ovulated & right before (a couple of hours or so) prior to my period. I mean, I wanted to just eat a cow, if she crossed my way, LOL!

I feel much better now, but I have to admit that I feel a bit weak...No cramps, no bloating, no blood clots,

much less facial hair, but a bit weak!greensad.gif

 

Also, the stains I have on my upper teeth, I found them last year,( I just realized its been a year) and they do not hurt, I am assuming they are cavities. And that is why I wanted to eat a diet that will help reminerilize my teeth. I have already lost several teeth, and I also noticed a bit of fluorosis in the back molar. And unfortunately I noticed a mercury filling in the back as well, I did not remember having it done. So, I wonder

what that is doing to me...???

 

By the way, do you know if I make a broth with beef/bones that are not hormone free, will that have the same bad effect, as if I was to eat meat with hormones in it? If I just drink the broth?

 

Anyway, I appreciate your post, link, it has helped tremendously!

I hope others will give some additional tips! 

 

Thank you for everything!thanks.gif

I love reading your posts!

Blessings smile.gif

 

countryangels is offline  
#5 of 15 Old 11-06-2011, 04:13 PM
 
BubblingBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way up North
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Read here to see if you have access to raw dairy. www.realmilk.com
If you have a farm not too far from you (we drive an hour one way) they can help you with meat as well.
You can go in with other families to purchase a part of a cow to get started.
Do not be alarmed at the price. It is a price that is across the board, and if you were to spread it around the way you see it in the store, you will find that it is quite similar.

Meanwhile, post on your local craigslist (or just look) for spent backyard chickens. This will mean learning to process them your self, but you will get all the organs, meat and bones that will be very healthy. Lots of help can be found on www.backyardchickens.com or even a local person might be willing to help you do that.
Meat will be tough, but put it in the crock pot overnight, take off the meat in the morning and return the bones to the pot and cover with more water.
Simmer for a good 24 hours more for bone broth. Use the meat and organs any way you like.

Now, I do know of a few brands of poultry that are sold in grocery stores that are clean. Not as pricey as a pastured bird (remember that the cost is covering your bone broth too, so lots of soup) but still fairly good in taste. You will just have to take a day to go to each store and document all brands and run a bit of research on them at home if the package does not help you out.

Naturally occuring hormones in dairy and meat are not a worry in general. Its like the argument for vege oils being better then animal fats. We are not vegetables. Feed accordingly.

Stains/cavitations in your teeth...fermented cod liver oil along with high vitamin butter oil (www.drrons.com - 4-6 month supply in one bottle) will heal those. Getting on raw dairy will help as well.

If you want to learn about cancer, then read here

http://butterbeliever.com/2011/11/02/did-a-dangerously-low-fat-diet-cause-steve-jobs-cancer-to-spread-uncontrollably/
She is working on more posts as well.

Stopping meat consumption when cancer is discovered is bad idea. A good dr will tell you to eat even more of it! Preferably it will be grass fed, as commercial meat is acidic in nature.



ETA wanted to add the if you have excess estrogen, its because you are very low on progesterone. That is where your focus needs to be. Not on lowering estrogen but on raising the progesterone levels in your body.


I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

BubblingBrooks is offline  
#6 of 15 Old 11-06-2011, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
 
countryangels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)



Thank you so much!!!thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

Read here to see if you have access to raw dairy. www.realmilk.com
If you have a farm not too far from you (we drive an hour one way) they can help you with meat as well.
You can go in with other families to purchase a part of a cow to get started.
Do not be alarmed at the price. It is a price that is across the board, and if you were to spread it around the way you see it in the store, you will find that it is quite similar.

Meanwhile, post on your local craigslist (or just look) for spent backyard chickens. This will mean learning to process them your self, but you will get all the organs, meat and bones that will be very healthy. Lots of help can be found on www.backyardchickens.com or even a local person might be willing to help you do that.
Meat will be tough, but put it in the crock pot overnight, take off the meat in the morning and return the bones to the pot and cover with more water.
Simmer for a good 24 hours more for bone broth. Use the meat and organs any way you like.

Now, I do know of a few brands of poultry that are sold in grocery stores that are clean. Not as pricey as a pastured bird (remember that the cost is covering your bone broth too, so lots of soup) but still fairly good in taste. You will just have to take a day to go to each store and document all brands and run a bit of research on them at home if the package does not help you out.

Naturally occuring hormones in dairy and meat are not a worry in general. Its like the argument for vege oils being better then animal fats. We are not vegetables. Feed accordingly.

Stains/cavitations in your teeth...fermented cod liver oil along with high vitamin butter oil (www.drrons.com - 4-6 month supply in one bottle) will heal those. Getting on raw dairy will help as well.

If you want to learn about cancer, then read here

http://butterbeliever.com/2011/11/02/did-a-dangerously-low-fat-diet-cause-steve-jobs-cancer-to-spread-uncontrollably/
She is working on more posts as well.

Stopping meat consumption when cancer is discovered is bad idea. A good dr will tell you to eat even more of it! Preferably it will be grass fed, as commercial meat is acidic in nature.



ETA wanted to add the if you have excess estrogen, its because you are very low on progesterone. That is where your focus needs to be. Not on lowering estrogen but on raising the progesterone levels in your body.



I forgot to mention about one relative, who cannot really afford grass fed meat, but she goes by her children's house & eats grass fed beef at their house

several times a month. Well, she is in remission, which is amazing! Given that she was given a very short time to live.

 

Also, my mother gave me a progestornoe cream, I have to look for it, I cannot remember the name. I used it, but it made me spot(bled) several times, so I got scared, and stopped. My cycles are pretty stable, every 28 days. And the time when they were all over the place, was years ago, when I was a teenager, I had them for 15 days on then off for 15 days. Obviously I got very anemic. My mother took me to the Doctor, and he just wanted to put me on birth control pills, but my mom said no. Eventually they went on a 28 cycle. But later on I developed fibroid tumors greensad.gif She had me eat liver almost daily.

 

Thank you for all of your tips, I will look into the links. If you have any other ideas, please tell me, as I am desperate to get healthy & prevent cancer, because it seems to run in the family & I am really scared.

 

Thank you so much BB!

Blessings!flowersforyou.gif

 

countryangels is offline  
#7 of 15 Old 11-06-2011, 04:55 PM
 
BubblingBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way up North
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

cream is not the way to raise it winky.gif


I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

BubblingBrooks is offline  
#8 of 15 Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter
 
countryangels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Thank you!thumb.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

cream is not the way to raise it winky.gif



Ok, so how do you raise, in case it is low?winky.gif Should I assume it is done with food? Which foods?

Is there a test that will not harm me, that I can have done to find out if in fact it is low?

 

Thank you so much!

Blessings!flowersforyou.gif

 

countryangels is offline  
#9 of 15 Old 11-06-2011, 06:03 PM
 
BubblingBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way up North
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The best person to ask is Cheeseslave. She does Q&As on Sundays. Detail your questions for her. She has the listss of companies for tests, and how to locate practitioners who know about this stuff.
I am still in the healing phase, and having to do it on my own due to finances. Its slow going!


I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

BubblingBrooks is offline  
#10 of 15 Old 11-06-2011, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter
 
countryangels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Thank you "BubblingBrooks!"thumb.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

The best person to ask is Cheeseslave. She does Q&As on Sundays. Detail your questions for her. She has the listss of companies for tests, and how to locate practitioners who know about this stuff.
I am still in the healing phase, and having to do it on my own due to finances. Its slow going!



I will go ahead & post it there. Thank you so much for your kindness!

Good luck with your healing process!

I know what you mean, finance wise. I want to do so much, but finances get in the way....greensad.gif

 

Hang in there throughout your journey!

Thank you for everything!

You have helped me soooo much!!!!

Take care,

Blessings!flowersforyou.gif

 

countryangels is offline  
#11 of 15 Old 11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
 
flightgoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hm, perhaps gluten is your issue? Sounds like you improved after quitting that. You should consider celiac testing....but for the results to be most accurate you do need to be consuming gluten. Though there are some independant testing sources (google Enterolab)

 

Good luck!

flightgoddess is offline  
#12 of 15 Old 11-07-2011, 02:20 PM
 
prancie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,079
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chicken, even factory famed chicken, is raised without hormones.  Also, meat doesn't putrify in your gut, your body digests it, like any other food!

 

Also, a lot of your issues sounds like magnesium deficiency.  

 

Your green juicing might have raised your magnesium levels a bit and relieved some of your symptoms. 


Wife to Doug, mom to Hank and Logan !!!
prancie is offline  
#13 of 15 Old 11-07-2011, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
countryangels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by prancie View Post

Chicken, even factory famed chicken, is raised without hormones.  Also, meat doesn't putrify in your gut, your body digests it, like any other food!

 

Also, a lot of your issues sounds like magnesium deficiency.  

 

Your green juicing might have raised your magnesium levels a bit and relieved some of your symptoms. 


Thanks so much!thumb.gif

The reason I thought that all facory chicken had hormones, is due to the size of the chicken breasts, they look like they have implants, LOL!

I think you are right about the green juice, the days I only had carrot juice with organic green powder/wheat grass, etc. I did not feel as well as I did when I had

a spinach smoothie, or green juice.

I definitely think I have a magnesium deficit, due to sleep problems, etc.

Blessings!
 

 

countryangels is offline  
#14 of 15 Old 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
 
BubblingBrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way up North
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Meat chickens are just a cross breed that grows super fast and out of proportion. They cross a Cornish Game bird with a standard size breed.
The result is that they grow twice as fast as normal.
We raise them sometimes for meat.
Keep gluten free, and really get going on the Magnesium. It helped you the other night!
I think its 2-3 mgs per pound of body weight.
 


I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

BubblingBrooks is offline  
#15 of 15 Old 11-07-2011, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
 
countryangels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

Meat chickens are just a cross breed that grows super fast and out of proportion. They cross a Cornish Game bird with a standard size breed.
The result is that they grow twice as fast as normal.
We raise them sometimes for meat.
Keep gluten free, and really get going on the Magnesium. It helped you the other night!
I think its 2-3 mgs per pound of body weight.
 



Thanks so much BB!thumb.gif

I took the magnesium again last night & slept much better. So, I defnitely need to get more, because it seems I am sleep & magnesium deprived!greensad.gif

My bottle states to take 3 pills with a meal, I took it right before going to bed. It has 400 mg per serving. BioCitrate Magnesium.

 

But, I had another problem, I woke up with a dizzy spell, not sure what it oculd be???

Today as soon as I had a spoon of coconut oil, I felt much better. But still, weak... 

 

Thanks for your help!

Blessings!flowersforyou.gif

 

countryangels is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off