Please tell me what you think, I had dizzie spells today when I woke up, what do you think I should eat? PLEASE HELP! I also threw up! I will explain more in post. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-07-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello Mamas,

First let me explain, I quit meat, dairy, eggs, etc. Anything that has hormones, about 1 1/2 month ago or so. I did it to see if I could get rid of my horrible cramps, facial hair, etc.

Well, I started drinking green juices or carrot juice in the morning, veggies, brown rice, steel cut oats, beans, etc. Once in awhile I had wild salmon in a can, every couple of days I had a whey protein shake. I also went very low on my calories. I also had a TBS of coconut oil at least every other day.

I do not have access to organic meats or eggs.

Anyway, today I got very SCARED, I woke up feeling extremely dizzy, I could not get my balance.

So, I had a banana & drank a glass of water. I threw it all up!

I still feel weak & dizzy. I had an apple. I also got dizzie about 10 months ago, but it was not as bad & I did not throw up. And I was not dieting at the time.

I felt the same way about 10 years ago, but I thought I had the flu, but nope.....not dieting either...

So, what do you think my dizzy spell is due to?

Could I have developed hypoglycemia? And what exactly is hypoglycemia due to?

Could it be something else?

What do you think?

What do you think I should eat or drink to feel better? 

I do NOT feel right!??? I do NOT have insurance, nor do I want to go to a Doctor...

And I am NOT pregnant.

Thank you for your input,

Blessings!thumb.gif

#2 of 11 Old 11-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many calories are you getting? I think its a really bad idea to cut that much out of your diet AND go super low calorie.
countryangels likes this.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 11 Old 11-07-2011, 01:58 PM

Although it could be diet, blood pressure, hydration or illness... I have an inner ear issue which causes dizziness. It is hard to diagnose and sometimes people have random incidence or get an inner ear infection that seems like a cold or flu. My symptoms flare up when I tired and/or dehydrated.

Can you describe when exactly the dizziness started, what you were doing, how long it lasted and how it felt? IE: was the room spinning, did you feel like you were spinning/moving, did you feel "car sick" when you throw up, did you feel light headed rather than dizzy?

Hope you feel better!

Rhianna

#4 of 11 Old 11-07-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas, thanks for the replies!thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhianna813 View Post

Although it could be diet, blood pressure, hydration or illness... I have an inner ear issue which causes dizziness. It is hard to diagnose and sometimes people have random incidence or get an inner ear infection that seems like a cold or flu. My symptoms flare up when I tired and/or dehydrated.

Can you describe when exactly the dizziness started, what you were doing, how long it lasted and how it felt? IE: was the room spinning, did you feel like you were spinning/moving, did you feel "car sick" when you throw up, did you feel light headed rather than dizzy?

Hope you feel better!

Rhianna

Two days ago, my ear did hurt, less yesterday. Today nothing at all.

Today, before I even got out of bed, everything was spinning, when I opened up my eyes, like I could not even get out of bed. I got out holding onto the wall, feeling everything was spinning.

I felt guilty because of the low calorie diet (7oo to 1000 or so a day, a couple of 600 calorie days, I did not feel hungry at all)

Then I went I drank 2 vitamins that are supposed to be taken on an empty stomach with a full glass of water, like I always do. Well, since I remember my mother having felt weak & eating a banana, because it was her high blood pressure. I had a banana, and afterward vomited the banana, water & vitamins, I could see it & feel it. I felt a bit better, but not really. then I had 1/2 an apple and later a spoon of coconut oil. As soon as I had the coconut oil, I felt better enough to post here.

The only fat I have had during this month, has been either from peanut butter, coconut oil, or from wild salmon, or fish oil. That is it....

I am wondering if my body needed animal fat or oils from an animal,

I quit the animals, because I have such debilitating cramps that knock me out for seversl days.

As soon as I quit the animal products, eggs, cheese, meat, milk, etc. the CRAMPS were gone!!!

But, I have felt weak, and now this....

But, again this happened to a lesser degree 10 months ago when no diet was going on. It happened

10 years ago and on another occasion after long plane trips. So, I am wondering if its maybe due to an ear problem???

Or is it lack of animal fats?

This is sad, because I have been feeling like I cleaned out my colon, with 2 bowel movements a day,

feeling light, my complexion got so much better, no facial hair, no cramps! But, somewhat weak, because

or so I thought due to low calorie intake...

I have several relatives with colon cancer, even one in his 20's, so I have been scared, because years ago I did the Atkins diet, and I thought, oh, no I consumed so much meat, bacon, maybe that caused my fibroid tumors???

I am so confused, frustrated, scared....greensad.gif

But, now this dizzy feeling, is not a good thing, because I cannot function, it is scary....

Thanks so much,

Blessings

#5 of 11 Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 AM

from this and your other posts i think that you are all over the map with your diet.  First, increase your calories.  Low caloric intake will make you more likely to get an infection, like in your ear.  You need to choose a more realistic caloric intake.  Second, if you are going to eliminate foods, eliminate them one at a time, so you know what you are sensitive to.  Third, I am sorry that you have family members that have had cancer, but that does not mean that you are doomed to cancer.  Don't live your life in fear, always reacting out of fear.  That kind of stress is not good for you either.  

Also, maybe i'm wrong, but i don't see how your facial hair growth can change from day to day or week to week.  Some people, even women, have a lot of facial hair.  There are cosmetic ways to deal with it, like bleaching or waxing, but i don't see how diet will do anything for you.  If I don't take car of mine I have a unibrow and a mustache.  I'm a perfectly healthy attractive woman. 

Wife to Doug, mom to Hank and Logan !!!
#6 of 11 Old 11-08-2011, 07:33 AM

I am thinking too few calories, and ultimately too little of everything (vitamins and minerals).

How are your iron levels?  I am not sure that you are ingesting very much iron.  What do you think?

I feel very weak and short of breath almost when my iron levels dip down.

I cannot tell you how to eat, but maybe adding some good quality eggs to your diet would be a good idea?

#7 of 11 Old 11-08-2011, 09:11 AM

Ah ok if you had the dizziness upon waking but before you go up, I think it’s your inner ear. It is not uncommon to get vertigo when you wake up in bed and simply move your head… the room starts spinning. This is very different than low blood pressure/sugar or feeling light headed upon standing.

If your ear hurt or you had other recent cold or flu symptoms, you should go to your doctor and tell them about the vertigo. You may have Labrythitis. They will probably give you antibiotics for the infection. The vertigo can take up to 6 weeks to fix itself.

This is happening because of something in your inner ear and diet changes would not fix it. However, if you are also exhausted or have low blood pressure or low blood sugar it can make the symptoms worse. Rest and drink plenty of water. When you feel dizzy, sit down if you can, put your hands on the legs to increase the feeling of steadiness and stare at something not moving. Like a doorknob or vase. Stare it down. Focusing your eyes will help your balance system and compensate for your inner ear.

Here is a link on labrynthitis: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/labyrinthitis/page3_em.htm

Hope this helps! IM me if you want to chat more about inner ear/vestibular issue. I have them myself...

Rhianna

#8 of 11 Old 11-08-2011, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all of the answers MAMAS!!!thumb.gif "Prancie" & "Three Little Birds"

I had laser treatments done years ago at a Dermatologist office and its all back!!!

I also waxed it & it irritated my face.

I just notice that when I eat a ton of eggs, meat, cheese I get more facial hair. When I eliminated it, it decreased in a huge way.

I usually have to pluck it out everyday, so I do not scare people, LOL! But not this time...

I really wish I had access to hormone free meats & eggs, etc!!!greensad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhianna813 View Post

Ah ok if you had the dizziness upon waking but before you go up, I think it’s your inner ear. It is not uncommon to get vertigo when you wake up in bed and simply move your head… the room starts spinning. This is very different than low blood pressure/sugar or feeling light headed upon standing.

If your ear hurt or you had other recent cold or flu symptoms, you should go to your doctor and tell them about the vertigo. You may have Labrythitis. They will probably give you antibiotics for the infection. The vertigo can take up to 6 weeks to fix itself.

This is happening because of something in your inner ear and diet changes would not fix it. However, if you are also exhausted or have low blood pressure or low blood sugar it can make the symptoms worse. Rest and drink plenty of water. When you feel dizzy, sit down if you can, put your hands on the legs to increase the feeling of steadiness and stare at something not moving. Like a doorknob or vase. Stare it down. Focusing your eyes will help your balance system and compensate for your inner ear.

Here is a link on labrynthitis: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/labyrinthitis/page3_em.htm

Hope this helps! IM me if you want to chat more about inner ear/vestibular issue. I have them myself...

Rhianna

Thanks so much Rhianna!thumb.gif

First of all, let me explain a bit. I normally clean my ears with a Q-tip right after my shower. However, one day I did not do it. So, later on, when my ear was dry I

tried cleaning my ear with the dry Q-tip. Then my ear was hurting, and boom I woke up with a bad dizzy spell. Drank a big glass of water & had a banana & threw

it all up...Today, it happened again, it is scaring me, because I cannot function like this. For the first time ever, I am scared of going out...

Yesterday I had a spoon of coconut oil & felt better, then after A VERY LONG time I had a steak, with a bit of brown rice & a small baked potato. I felt sooo much better. But, In the morning, it happened again.

I will look at your link!

I also wonder if I have messed up my body, with the juice fast, low calorie diet. The thing is every time I diet I get to a place & never go down, for the first time in a long time I have dropped the plateau, so I thought I was doing something good. I am scared of getting cancer. Because I keep reading, that it takes anywhere from 15 to 20 years to start, so I feel maybe I already have it. Then they find it when its usually too late.

I also did a salt water flush one day, I felt soooo CLEAN & LIGHT!!! It even helped to reduce my apetite & cravings. And what came out of me was HORRIBLE!!!

But, now I have this problem, where I am forgetting stuff, I feel dizzy, light headed,etc.

Anyway, I also read that even if you are 10 pounds overweight, it creates extra estrogen, causing you to be vulnerable to cancergreensad.gif

Thanks so much for reading, for listening, for your help!!thumb.gif

Blessings!! 

#9 of 11 Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Never do flushing or colon cleansing. Sure it may seem amazing, but you are actually ridding your body of your good gut flora and much of your immune system.
On top of that, you are eating very very little. The only way you are going to see improvement is to refeed your body.
Eat lots of real food, and do not be afraid of carbs, animal fats or meat.
You also need probiotics to get your gut back in balance.
Strong ones that come in little bottles that have to stay cold.
Store bought kefir and yogurt are not going to do the trick at this point.

And do whatever you can to stop worrying about excess estrogen right now. Just eat real food, take good magnesium to tolerance, as well as a high quality fermented cod liver oil, B complex, Zinc and plain Acerola powder.

I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

#10 of 11 Old 11-10-2011, 05:41 AM

Well first of all, I would try to relax. Three dizzy spells in 10 years is not likely a sign of some major disorder or something. If you are dizzy and start panicking (which it sounds like you may be doing, based on your posts) then the dizziness may be worse & prolonged. You might be hyperventilating. Take some slow, deep breaths.

Secondly, I have read some research supporting lifelong low-calorie diets, but usually it's in the neighborhood of 1000 calories, not 600, and the diet needs to be very carefully balanced to ensure you're getting all your nutrients. 600 calories is not enough, especially with all your restrictions (and I'm speaking as a GF vegan myself, I have lots of restrictions...) 600 calories is what I topped out at when I was anorexic. And fasting and cleansing and restricting and cutting out foods probably is messing up your body. Juice probably isn't helping because it will just spike your blood sugar and with no fat or protein to balance it out, your sugar levels won't be able to easily regulate.

Honestly, I know you don't want to see a doctor but you might benefit from a physical for peace of mind, since you seem really worried about illnesses... and perhaps consult with a nutritionist who can help you design a healthier, more balanced diet. It sounds like you are taking bits & pieces of various diets & combining them in a way that could be dangerous. Taking the best of several diets could be great but you seem to be taking some other small element of the diets and basing your whole day's intake on that & not looking at the big picture. I don't mean any offense by this, your posts just concern me.

If the dizziness started after cleaning your ears, maybe you inadvertently pushed some wax in there, which could certainly mess up your balance & all. From what I've read, you really only should clean the outer part of your ear (whatever is visible) and avoid putting qtips or anything else inside...
countryangels and prancie like this.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#11 of 11 Old 11-12-2011, 03:33 PM

This sounds like plain old vertigo, which has nothing to do with diet (at least, last time I researched it). Well, one type has a salt link. You may have the benign positional type. I have Meuniere's and it crops up every few years. Wake up and the room is spinning. Can't do anything. 

I'd recommend giving these articles a close read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo

I got a ton of tests by an ENT and they didn't really come up with much except the Ménière's disease and that seemed to be mostly a POE thing. 

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page