Has anyone else experienced this? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-03-2011, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is a bit awkward to post about, but my curiosity overcame my embarrassment! 

Since I (and my family) have made a conscious effort to follow a very strict traditional foods/Weston Price foundation recommended diet, (with regards to preparing grains/nuts/legumes; we were drinking raw milk before, but now I drink about a quart a day; making sure to use the right fats for cooking certain things, using more fat intentionally, seeking out nutrient dense foods like organ meats, including cultured/fermented foods at every meal, making sure to have raw as well as cooked vegetables, drinking kombucha regularly, making bone broth, etc.) my sex drive has skyrocketed! I'm thinking this may be due to increased cholesterol consumption, or better nutrient absorption, but am not sure. It's quite remarkable though! I feel like a teenager...it's funny as the change in diet is in preparation for TTC. 

Let me know what your thoughts are and if you've had any similar experiences! 

#2 of 3 Old 12-04-2011, 02:31 AM

Me:  run.gif  DH:  hammer.gif 

Our babies:  reading.gif  blahblah.gif energy.gif moon.gif and a  stork-suprise.gif  coming in July

#3 of 3 Old 12-04-2011, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm well maybe it's just a fluke! I have no idea. It sounds like it made your deliveries a lot easier than they would have been otherwise, which is very good! I'm hoping that improving my diet will make my next pregnancy easier. My pregnancies were a year apart, and I was still breastfeeding my son for the duration of my second pregnancy. Now I know that this was probably due to nutritional deficiencies and a strain on my adrenal glands, but I had a far more difficult time delivering my daughter than I did with my son (25 hours of labor). I don't know if it's premature to prepare nutritionally for my next planned pregnancy, it probably won't be until 2013 (as my daughter is still breastfeeding,) but I'm trying to make up for whatever strain might have been put on my body by having two pregnancies so close together before beginning another one. 

Tags
Traditional Foods

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page