How to get the best bang for you buck with making sprouted bread. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-21-2012, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm able to get 5lbs of sprouted wheat berry flour for $20. I have been using it in all my baking with no issues....my only concern is the expense of bread for the amount I get home made.

We have a bread maker we were lucky enough to get for free. It makes a really wide (or tall?) loaf but it's pretty short. The recipe I used called for 4 cups of flour. Using this recipe with the bread maker would mean we would go through quite a bit of flour! The loaf that size will only last maybe 3-4 days.

So in order to get more bang for my buck I am wondering if anyone has tips for me. I'm wondering if I would get a slimmer (or shorter?) but longer loaf in a loaf pan for the oven. Also wondering if anyone has a good pan in mind that gets the job done and gives you about 10-12 slices.

Also if anyone has a successful recipe using less flour to save on that end.

Thanks a bunch! (hope that all makes sense)

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Tags
Traditional Foods

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page