wahl's diet followers? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-15-2012, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking into the Wahl's diet for ms and was wondering if anyone else on here has tried it?

#2 of 5 Old 05-19-2012, 08:39 AM

Haven't tried it but Terry Wahls is local to me so I've heard about her quite a bit. Her methods seem pretty TF to me with some tweaks (gluten-free/dairy-free). If you have MS I'd say it's worth a try.

#3 of 5 Old 05-19-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

we were always pretty tf(i attribute the fact that i'm doing alright to this) so i'm thinking it's not a huge stretch. there's so many diets out there that are so similar it's hard to decide. It's definately time for a stronger commitment on my part so i'm really working at it and piecing together a plan as i go along. 9 cups of veggies a day has been easy so far and the broths are great but i'm having a hard time giving up my dairy. i go from being not at all hungry and having to remind myself to grab a carrot or something to being absolutly ravinous. i'm doing alright with no grains now that i've discovered black bean brownies and although i haven't really lost any weight i've noticed cheekbones for the first time ever!

#4 of 5 Old 05-20-2012, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

have just baught (dried) black beans & could you please share you recipe for black bean brownies ?

last time i tried a cake with beans .... it wasn't very palatable ....

TIA

#5 of 5 Old 05-20-2012, 02:27 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

subbing...my husband's cousin was diagnosed last year and this might be helpful. I have already suggested she look into a gf diet.

Tags
Traditional Foods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page