Tried the fermented CLO/Butter oil and discovered I'm allergic - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2012, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I bought the Green Pastures Cod Liver Oil / Butter Oil (chocolate gel) and had an allergic reaction. I scraped a teeny tiny bit off of the top with a spoon just to taste it. I then put it back into the fridge and about 10 minutes later noticed my lips itching and my chest getting tight. Turns out, I had an allergic reaction. I am allergic to crab and have take regular fish oil for years with no problems. I took benadryl and that took away my symptoms. Since I paid so much for it ($50) I hate for it to go to waste. What should I do with it? I don't think anyone would buy it since it has been opened. I'm considering trying it one more time but am freaked out.

SAHM to my DD 4/05 aka-chloequestionasker and TTC #2 this fall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Are you sure that its the cod liver oil that you are allergic to and not another ingredient in it?  If so then you could get a different flavor.  If you really want to try it again, and the benedryl takes away your symptoms then Id say go for it :)

Do you know anyone else who would take it?  Can you make your DP eat it?  ;)  Or your DD?

Out of curiousity does it taste good?  I havet tried that flavor.  Does it taste like chocolate?

Old 06-27-2012, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey there! It doesn't taste like chocolate to me. More like greasy/waxy hard fish paste :-) I was told to try the capsules instead. Hopefully they will be better for me. I am going to put it in my daughters smoothies and also let my Mom give it a try. smile.gif

SAHM to my DD 4/05 aka-chloequestionasker and TTC #2 this fall

Tags
Traditional Foods
User Tag List