I bought the Green Pastures Cod Liver Oil / Butter Oil (chocolate gel) and had an allergic reaction. I scraped a teeny tiny bit off of the top with a spoon just to taste it. I then put it back into the fridge and about 10 minutes later noticed my lips itching and my chest getting tight. Turns out, I had an allergic reaction. I am allergic to crab and have take regular fish oil for years with no problems. I took benadryl and that took away my symptoms. Since I paid so much for it ($50) I hate for it to go to waste. What should I do with it? I don't think anyone would buy it since it has been opened. I'm considering trying it one more time but am freaked out.
Are you sure that its the cod liver oil that you are allergic to and not another ingredient in it? If so then you could get a different flavor. If you really want to try it again, and the benedryl takes away your symptoms then Id say go for it :)
Do you know anyone else who would take it? Can you make your DP eat it? ;) Or your DD?
Out of curiousity does it taste good? I havet tried that flavor. Does it taste like chocolate?
Hey there! It doesn't taste like chocolate to me. More like greasy/waxy hard fish paste :-) I was told to try the capsules instead. Hopefully they will be better for me. I am going to put it in my daughters smoothies and also let my Mom give it a try.
|17 members and 9,721 guests|
|Bow , chispita , Deborah , girlspn , Janeen0225 , johnsharm , katelove , Katherine73 , Michele123 , mumIrene , NaturallyKait , redsally , sarrahlnorris , scaramouche131 , Springshowers , that1russian.17 , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|