Keifer milk grains... anyone willing to share? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-18-2012, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We tried some keifer milk a few weeks ago for the first time. I knew it was good for you, but OMG! It's super-yummy, too! So now DH is all over trying to ferment it ourselves. Our budget is pretty tight right now, so I was wondering if some kind soul would be willing to help us get started.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#2 of 2 Old 06-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey I will share for the cost of shipping if you dont find someone in your area.  I'm in Montana.  You could ask in your tribal area as well or maybe contact your local WAPF chapter to see if they know anyone close who has some so you wont have to pay shipping!  But, I must warn you that if you tried store bought kefir, it is not real!  It is made with powdered cultures, not real kefir grains, and it is sweetened, processed, etc.  Real kefir tastes kinda like plain yogurt.  Sure you can add your own flavors to it, I use it in smoothies, or dilute it with plain raw milk and drink it.

More info on kefir http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html

If you dont find someone, PM me and I'll send you some grains and we'll discuss shipping and such :)

Tags
Traditional Foods

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page