New to TF and milk...need help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is 27 months and I just started her on whole milk yesterday. We were vegan and have gradually been switching over to a TF diet. My DH picked up the milk and it wasn't what I wanted, but it was whole and organic and expensive so not wanting to be wasteful, I gave it to her. She has been drinking 1/4 to 1/2 cup once yesterday and twice today. She has since broken out in a really bad diaper rash that I attribute to this. The milk was ultra-pasteurized.:/ I threw it out and bought some grass-fed, non homogenized, low-pasteurized whole milk but am not sure if I should give it to her. Will this milk be easier to digest or are they tough no matter how they are processed? She handles yogurt and cheese just fine. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 03:39 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm not sure but you may try goats milk if you are worried about it not being tolerated/digested well by her, or get some kefir grains and give her kefir from the milk you just bought.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! I thought about making kefir but am clueless. Where can I buy kefir grains?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:19 AM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

First see if anyone in your area has any.  Post a wanted ad, check with your local WAPF chapter, etc.  If no one has any then find someone here on MDC who is close tho can send you some for the price of shipping, or get some from http://www.kefirlady.com/   I got them from kefir lady, I live in a very small town :)

Tags
Traditional Foods
User Tag List