Organic foods in SE, SK? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but decided to put it out there and give it a shot anyway.

I live in SE, SK, my son needs to change his diet due to his health. I am having a very tough time finding the things that he needs. I need to find certified organic raw dairy products. Organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Organic, grass fed, free range chickens and eggs. Organic grass fed cows, lamb etc, that have been grown without the use of any growth hormones or antibiotics.

If anyone knows anywhere that I could find these products?  An organic farm?  The best stores?  Etc?

I would need it to be relatively close to this area.

Even a different or better place to post or ask this question?

Thanks.

#2 of 4 Old 09-03-2012, 03:10 PM

I prefer to get most things off the farm, where possible.  Is there a farmers market where you live?  There is one in Regina on Wed and Sat.

We get chickens, some beef, pork, lard, etc from here, they also have eggs:

http://www.coolspringsranch.ca/

We get eggs each week and some produce (they have a CSA)

http://thegreenranch.ca/

We have some beef from them and will be getting half a side in the fall:

http://www.triple-h-beef.com/

Produce

http://www.cornmaidenmarket.com/

Costco has a bit of organics, even raw cheese from Europe.  Old Fashion Foods has organic stone ground grains.  Even in the city is it VERY hard to find good quality organic natural food (and any that we can get costs an arm and a leg) so just ask around at local farms!

Married to the love of my life and SAH Mama to my little sweet pea (Sept 2011) and darling baby boy (Dec 2012) novaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gifhomeschool.gif bfinfant.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Dove84,

That's awesome. I'll contact those links and see if there is something we can work out.

I feel like I've learned so much about the benefits of organic foods, and organic living while I've been researching my son's new diet I had no Idea about the lack of quality in the foods I had been feeding my family. Even things I had thought to be healthy aren't. Organic is more expensive but I'm going to switch my whole family and try to get them eating as organically as possible.

Thanks again, I have been asking around the farmers around this area. There are some farms that I've found that used to farm organically but no longer do, and other farmers that know someone who used to farm organically but no longer do. So far your reply is the most I've had to go on so far.

#4 of 4 Old 09-06-2012, 09:24 AM

If you can get to the Regina or another good farmers market right now they have lots of produce for decent prices as it is getting to the end of the year and the farmers (finally) have an abundance.

Married to the love of my life and SAH Mama to my little sweet pea (Sept 2011) and darling baby boy (Dec 2012) novaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gifhomeschool.gif bfinfant.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gif

Tags
Traditional Foods

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page