Give me your best TF pregnancy advice, recipes, supplements and tips! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2012, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just found out I"m pregnant, we're shocked lol but excited :)  Anyway, I've been in to TF for almost a year now and since finding out I"m pregnant have really been trying hard to be a good TF eater :D  I really need the excellent nutrition bc this is my 3rd pregnancy and they have all been exactly 1 year apart, so obviously my body has not had time to fully recover!

Also, would you take the cinnamon FCLO while pregnant?  I just ask bc they say cassia is a uterine congestant.

Anyway here's what I'm taking right now:

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Prenatal-Multivitamins/dp/B005JAT3TU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353911274&sr=8-1&keywords=garden+of+life+prenatal

http://livesuperfoods.com/live-superfoods-chlorella-tablets.html -(only a few per day)

http://livesuperfoods.com/mother-earth-minerals-mineral-of-life-calzyme.html

Along with FCLO (can afford only about 3/4tsp a day), I need to order butter oil but cant afford it now.  I am also going to start taking this http://www.iherb.com/Lewis-Labs-International-Brewer-s-Yeast-16-oz-454-g/6071  Anyone ever tried it?  I also eat coconut oil daily.  I know I can do better, but it depends a lot on what is available and what I can afford.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Really, no one has any thoughts or anything on the supplements or any favorite pregnancy recipes??  Well I've been experimenting the last few days and first have decided to take raw liver "pills" instead of the Garden of Life vitamins listed above.

Next, I have been loving this salad: Organic greens, organic sprouts, organic avocado, sometimes I have organic tomatoes and/or cucumber around so I add them too, topped with my own organic chickens eggs soft boiled and cut up and raw milk kefir mixed with a little bit of organic ranch dressing mix.

I've been craving raw cheese and would love to start making it myself but for now I still buy it, so eating lots of that, and lots of organic olives for some reason.

Oh, chili with sprouted chili beans, grass fed beef and pureed liver is a favorite!  Not just in pregnancy, but its really good for that too!!

Anyone else have favorite super pregnancy food recipes?  Oh and kefir smoothies with an egg yolk, veggies, etc.  I need more meat recipes, I have very few.  One thing I like to make is beef breakfast sausage, I'm going to start adding a little pureed liver to that too.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Just a thought- would canned Pure Alaska salmon taste good in the salad I mentioned above?  I've never tried salmon on salad.  That brand is supposed to have BPA free cans, but they are still lined with PET laminate, would you eat the food from those cans?  Im just not sure how likely phthalates are to leach into food vs BPA and if the fattiness of the fish would speed the leaching process??  I want to eat lots of salmon this pregnancy and this seems like the most affordable and  easiest option, but I'm concerned about the safety as I generally avoid as much plastic as possible!

Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I had a great pregnancy, and I think one of the reasons is because I started drinking small amounts of raw milk and worked up to drinking three to four cups a day. My dd had super white porcelain-like baby teeth.

Tags
Traditional Foods
User Tag List