Opinions on taking Green Pastures Blue Ice Royal Butter oil/fermented cod liver oil blend? Is it worth it? Do you see fast results? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-03-2012, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi,

I have read some positive & some negative points on this oil.

"Green Pastures Ice Royal Butter oil/ fermented cod liver oil blend" So, I am a bit confused.....

It is a bit pricey. So, what are your opinions on this product? Does it help with your teeth, bones ?

Where do most of you buy it from? How much is it? How often do you take it?

Again, is it worth the expense? Is there something better?

I really need your help, thanks smile.gif

#2 of 8 Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I've taken it on and off for years. There was a stressful time a couple of years ago when I was getting a regular toothache, so I would take a tablespoon dose several times a day. It did help that, but the taste is so awful I stop taking it for months at a time.

I buy mine through a local co-op. We buy them wholesale by the case, so it only costs about $20~$25 per bottle. 

countryangels likes this.

#3 of 8 Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

I've taken it on and off for years. There was a stressful time a couple of years ago when I was getting a regular toothache, so I would take a tablespoon dose several times a day. It did help that, but the taste is so awful I stop taking it for months at a time.

I buy mine through a local co-op. We buy them wholesale by the case, so it only costs about $20~$25 per bottle. 

Thanks so much! Could you please tell me how many are in the case, so each bottle ends up at that price? I guess, how many bottles in a box, and how much would the total be?

Also, do they have an expiration, and if so, how long, do the bottles last? Do they expire in 1 year or less?

If possible could you let me know where this co-op is, I am thinking of moving, it would be so nice, if I end up in your area :) If you can PM me your area. Thanks so much!

That is a co op I would love to jointhumb.gif joy.gif

Have you tried taking with juice, honey, etc ? Or does it even make a difference?

I would do anything to fix my teeth without any more procedures at the Dentist....

#4 of 8 Old 12-04-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryangels View Post

Thanks so much! Could you please tell me how many are in the case, so each bottle ends up at that price? I guess, how many bottles in a box, and how much would the total be?

You need to order 48 of any one item to get the discount.

Also, do they have an expiration, and if so, how long, do the bottles last? Do they expire in 1 year or less?

I think the expiration date is two to three years. They can last a long time if you only need to take a little bit every day.

If possible could you let me know where this co-op is, I am thinking of moving, it would be so nice, if I end up in your area :) If you can PM me your area. Thanks so much!

That is a co op I would love to jointhumb.gif joy.gifI. 

Do you belong to any local parenting groups? Ours was created because we're a small community in our city and we all tend to run in the same circles. Although we have a variety of dietary philosophies, there's enough common ground that we can do bulk orders on things. We regularly order from Frontier and Azure Standard and local farmers. It just takes a small group of passionate people!

Have you tried taking with juice, honey, etc ? Or does it even make a difference?

No I haven't. I've been on a low-carb diet until recently. It's worth a try!

I would do anything to fix my teeth without any more procedures at the Dentist....

I can't say I blame you! Good luck. 

#5 of 8 Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

Thanks for the helpful reply. thumb.gif I agree with you. I will see what I can do in the new place.

Did you try the one with Cassia oil in it? I need to research that more.

Thanks.

#6 of 8 Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My MIL gave me a bottle and I have been taking the recommended 2 capsules a day - but not consistently. I take them in the morning with breakfast and wash them down with something other than water. They don't taste that great but certainly not horrible. I am about half way through the bottle but have not noticed any health changes.

Right now I am really suffering from SAD (seasonal depression) amd lack of energy. I also just started taking Vitamin D3. The FCLO does not say how much vitamin D it has. Does anyone know?

#7 of 8 Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhianna813 View Post

My MIL gave me a bottle and I have been taking the recommended 2 capsules a day - but not consistently. I take them in the morning with breakfast and wash them down with something other than water. They don't taste that great but certainly not horrible. I am about half way through the bottle but have not noticed any health changes.

Right now I am really suffering from SAD (seasonal depression) amd lack of energy. I also just started taking Vitamin D3. The FCLO does not say how much vitamin D it has. Does anyone know?

Thank you for your help. And sorry, but I do not know either....:(   I hope someone else chimes in.

#8 of 8 Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryangels View Post

Did you try the one with Cassia oil in it? I need to research that more.

Thanks.

You're welcome. Yes, I have tried the cinnamon one. It's the best-tasting IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhianna813 View Post

Here's their test data:

http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/TestData/index.cfm

To be honest I think it has far too little D to be relied on as your sole source if you're living in places that suffer from "vitamin D winters."

There was a thread posted here recently where a couple of people said that they were shocked at how low their levels were after taking it. I think you need to take D3 as well.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1347607/taking-fclo-and-deficient-in-vit-d 

Tags
Traditional Foods

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page