Raw milk and bone broth for teeth help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So like many of the people on this forum i've explored raw milk/raw butter and things like bone broths for teeth health. I have naturally, incredibly weak and brittle teeth. I've tried eating raw butter and also taking fermented butter oil/cod liver oil supplements and making bone broths. I DO love bone broths regardless just because I'm big in to soup. But I'm so weary of all these sites promoting what seems to me overpriced supplements. I can't help but think maybe its all a huge affiliate network touting benefits that dont exist laughing all the way to the bank. Most the sites I see promoting the supplements are familiar with each other...so I'm kind of weary.

So I wanted to ask you ladies who use raw milk/raw butter:

Have you noticed any improvement in your natural tooth health and appearance? 

I just want to know if im wasting my time buying $11 milk pints and making my own butter all the time tb.gif

hug2.gif    goodvibes.gifstillheart.gif  

#2 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I don't have am answer for you... But if you are in the usa their are some great grass fed new zealand butters commonly sold in grocery stores. I would just buy that instead of making butter. They don't sell it in Canada.
#3 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

kerrygold butter is grassfed too, right?  we have always done bone broths, and CLO, and raw milk.  however, I think that magnesium is a key to tooth health.  we use a liquid calcium, magnesium, d3 supplement and with that and clo i mended a small cavity- the dentist said it was no longer there. But i have good enamel, and have never had a cavity save that one.

#4 of 6 Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM

We have noticed a difference, but not just from raw milk.  We've been following Ramiel Nagel's diet from his "Cure Tooth Decay" book, which has lots of suggestions, the main one being to cut out ALL grain since it is an anti-nutrient.  Also, the raw, grass-fed milk, fermented CLO/BO from Green Pasture, bone broth, shellfish and other mineral supplements (snacking on seaweed, concentrace, etc), and adding organ meat to our meals, etc.  We've only been on this diet for 1 month now, but have already started to see improvement - exciting!

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#5 of 6 Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Oh wow thanks guys for all the insight :) 

I have started taking mineral supplements and I do think that helps a bit. Also I suck on xylitol candies and lollipops throughout the day and I like to imagine that helps a bit as well.

hug2.gif    goodvibes.gifstillheart.gif  

#6 of 6 Old 03-13-2013, 03:48 PM

I enjoy this topic and have read a few blog posts in the past about restoring enamel and healing cavities through foods like CLO and raw milk.  I believe our regular consumption of that has given us strong teeth, despite the fact that we haven't been to a dentist in 4 years. My mom commented on my dad's teeth becoming more even in finish, and commented that my teeth have a deeper white to them and not somewhat translucent as they might have been in the past.

one story

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2013/01/a-success-story-remineralizing-teeth-after-bottle-rot.html

second story

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2013/02/my-story-about-healing-my-teeth.html

I'm personally really eager to see how my children's teeth and palate fare as they get older and start losing teeth and having adult teeth come in. They're 2 and 4 now.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).

Tags
Traditional Foods

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page