Fish oil questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2013, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Could someone who is informed about fish oil please answer my questions?

A friend told me that fish oil would be better than Hair, Skin & Nails for healing my face, which has zits and is generally not as pretty as it used to be since I started back on meds last spring. She has a $40 bottle of fish oil to sell to me, which sounds like a lot but it's for 180 capsules; Youngevity brand.

A different friend has a less expensive bottle (I forget how much less expensive and she hasn't gotten back to me yet about the price) with 100 softgels, Finest Naturals brand.

So my first question is: what is a good fish oil brand? Do you know any brands to avoid?

My next question is how to answer my husband's: why not just eat fish?

Thanks!

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Eating oily fish is a great thing to do.  It won't give you such a concentrated dose as taking straight oil will, of course.  I don't have experience with skin issues, but I would recommend Green Pasture as a fabulous brand - their products are very high quality, and I would recommend them for general health :)

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

Old 08-27-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I ended up buying my friend's Youngevity brand fish oil, which also has flax seed and borage oils. Since it cost so much I'm only taking 2 out of the 3 daily. I have another friend who will hopefully sell hers to me cheaper when that is getting close to running out.

The friend I bought the Youngevity fish oil from saw me last week and said my face is already looking better. :)

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

Tags
Traditional Foods
User Tag List