best butter oil/FCLO flavor??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-26-2013, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I know this has been discussed over and over and over:), but i cant seem to figure out the best flavor still!  I heard some like chocolate, others say its the worst.  this is so expensive, i would hate to get it and then no one uses it.  itll be for a 5 and 1 year old.  please help:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 11-29-2013, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

For butters, I tend to go all natural, traditional butter. What's FLCO?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 11 Old 11-30-2013, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

fermented cod liver oil.  im looking at the green pastures blend of fclo and butter oil.  anyone?

#4 of 11 Old 12-01-2013, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 2yo will do the chocolate flavor mixed with jam.  It doesn't taste like chocolate, the flavor is more... hmm... like burnt cocoa or something.  I'm not a fan, but it's better than unflavored.  I love the cinnamon but my 10 and 2yo don't like it - too spicy for them.  I've heard of other toddlers having bad reactions to the cinnamon - it's a strong flavor.  I do keep unflavored in the fridge to use in smoothies (chocolate would be fine in a smoothie, too, if your kids won't take it plain - especially a chocolate or PB smoothie)

The new Infused Coconut Oils are really good, and much more mellow and may be a better option for your kids.  Mine like the caramel and the carob banana (no carob taste really, just tastes like banana).  The unflavored isn't bad either.  The cinnamon is really strong again.  I like that one, but can be too strong for some kids.  My kids are enjoying the banana flavor straight off a spoon recently.  The infused oil not only has coconut oil, but also the HVBO, the FCLO and skate oil - it's packing a good nutritional punch :)

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#5 of 11 Old 12-03-2013, 02:00 PM

None of them! It's all totally disgusting, I have the cinnamon tingle flavour right now but somedays I can hardly manage it, I find it's easier to get down if you refrigerate it but still vomtastic.  Amazing stuff though!

#6 of 11 Old 12-03-2013, 06:20 PM

Country - how are you taking it?  You definitely want to have it refrigerated so it will be solid.  I take it by scooping some onto a butter knife, scraping it behind my teeth (so it will stick to the back of your teeth), and then use a chaser of water or milk to wash it right down the hatch.  It will definitely be gross if you swish it around your mouth or chew it or something.  When I do this with cinnamon, all I can taste is the cinnamon flavor.

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

#7 of 11 Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 AM

I make sure it's cold but I use a spoon and hold my nose! I think maybe I just don't like the cinnamon flavour either.

#8 of 11 Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Well I ordered the chocolate cream, so we'll see how it goes! Thanks for the help!
#9 of 11 Old 12-05-2013, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

just tried the chocolate cream, and yeah...ugh!

why cant they make it strawberry flavored like the nordic naturals? i hope its better once solid...

#10 of 11 Old 12-05-2013, 04:48 PM

It's only better when solid since you will be able to swallow it straight down the hatch, unlike liquid which will inevitably kind of swish around your mouth.

#11 of 11 Old 03-03-2014, 04:45 AM

We got the chocolate fclo plus butter oil because it was on sale.  It's pretty bad but if you keep it refrigerated and just scoop it out and swallow like a pill, it's tolerable.  I get my kids to take it by offering a small spoonful of honey or sunbutter as a reward.  Basically I bribe them.  :)  My 11yo hates it, but the 6yo actually asks to take it now.  The flavor does sort of grow on you.

You can look on amazon and read reviews for all the different flavors.

Tags
Traditional Foods

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page