SCD/GAPS & fertility - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-04-2014, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I've been strictly on the SCD diet for almost 3 months now (I had experimented with it before, including the intro. maybe 6 months ago but added some grains & dairy back in too soon so I started again with the basic diet about 3 months ago).

I noticed many dramatic changes over the course of the first month. All great. I haven't cheated, even over the holidays, except for high quality chocolate occasionally, which I think is GAPS legal so I'm going with it (& haven't noticed any reactions). My energy is through the roof good.

That said, noticeable improvements to my health have kind of stalled out. I'm experiencing more constipation, some recurring bloating & my cycle is so out of whack! I weaned my 4 yo late past summer so I don't know if my hormones could still be out of whack but it's the last few cycles that have me scratching my head (two 24-day cycles with lots of spotting before & one regular 28-day cycle). We're TTC but I'm not sure it's possible & I'm super frustrated at feeling like I've stalled out on SCD/GAPS. I work so, so hard to make everything from scratch & according to the protocols but I don't have much support or anyone really to turn to (no conveniently located practitioners knowledgeable about SCD or GAPS & my health problems don't seem serious enough to warrant far travel or big expenditures) so third is frustrating!

Any advice, words of wisdom or support much appreciated!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#2 of 3 Old 02-13-2014, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Are you charting or using an ovulating kit!
#3 of 3 Old 02-14-2014, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks, Tracy! I just started charting my temps. I've been charting my AF & CM for a while now (how we got pregnant the 1st time). I've noticed less CM than usual the past few cycles, which also has me scratching my head. We've only really tried one full cycle (going to try again this cycle, tho we're both fighting something off, so no big hopes) so I'm not ready to spend $ on the ovulation kits just yet.

I'm upping my fats (even more! it's what I'm craving!!) & liver. Eating a ton of eggs. Trying to keep nuts to a minimum, but I do still have them just about every day.

I'm feeling a bit better than I was when I wrote my post but I'm still concerned my hormones are out of whack. I did finish nursing DS last August & I've heard it can take up to a year for a woman's cycle to return to normal (we nursed 4 1/2 years!) but I've not heard this from any definitive source.

Mama to my little busy bee. 

Tags
Traditional Foods

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page