Searching for Raw Milk near St. Helen's/Scappoose/Portland Oregon - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 03-17-2014, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Hey guys.. I'm trying to find some good, unpasteurized, raw milk that I can buy locally. Currently we have been getting by with the store bought pasteurized stuff.. I'm buying Organic Valley brand in hopes that their grass fed cattle somewhat overcomes the fact that it still has to be pasteurized.. But I want to graduate to raw milk! I'd like to be making my own yogurt, among other things... My problem is WHERE do I buy it? We are renting right now.. One day we hope to own land so we are able to have our own dairy cow (or goats).. But for now, I'm searching for someone who will sell me some of theirs! .. Hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.. wink1.gif

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
#2 of 4 Old 03-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

#3 of 4 Old 03-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Check out Charlotte Smith's farm in Silverton (I forgot the name) or Cast Iron Farm. is also a good starting point as is the Yahoo group for WAPF Portland.  Hope that helps!

KatelynRose likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 03-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you check the Real Milk website? This should give you some options on farms close to you, as well as some tips on what to look for if you visit the farm.
Good luck!
KatelynRose likes this.

Traditional Foods

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page