NT'ers, I know this is asking a lot, but.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-25-2005, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in the process of trying to pack up my house, and we are really trying to stick to our traditional foods diet, but I am feeling short on time and creativity , so I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your menu plans for a day or a few? It would help out so much because it takes me forever to put together a week's worth of menus. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2005, 01:14 AM

How about making broth int he crockpot and then using the broth for an easy soup or two (try the cucumber soup for summer) and then use the chicken for enchiladas or tacos or one of the great chicken salads (I like the curried), or combination of all. Then you can make easy, no cook sandwhiches. You'll get a few meals out of it!

Zia+Lane+Sonora=Mi Vida Loca! :
Old 07-25-2005, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

lol
That is exactly what I did last week!
Actually, I still have the broth (I just made bone broth after the chicken was all used up), so it's frozen and we will definately be eating soups when I am short on ideas!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:57 PM
cjr

I don't find NT takes all that much time. Just remember to keep your grains soaked. I made the falafels and they are great. I soaked the chick peas and then put them in the fridge until I was ready to put the mixture together, I think it took me 4 days. Now, the mixture is in the fridge and when I want a falafel I just cook a couple of them up. Soak some beans now and the stick them in the fridge until you are ready to cook them into something delicious. make another crock of stock to freeze. I always have bean soups made with broth in the freezer.

I love big free range chickens. I bake one up on Sunday, then make stock right away, then we have chicken soup and lots of left over chicken meat for whatever. The meat freezes well too.

User Tag List