Does all this fermentation from NT create alcohol in my foods? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2006, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry if this sounds really dumb. I was making a Raspberry Drink from the NT book, when I realized that I might be making something alcoholic. I could be totally wrong because I really don't know how to make alcohol but I just wanted to ask the experienced NT'ers to make sure. For religious reasons I can't have any alcohol. My raspberry drink is currently sitting in my kitchen fermenting for the second day and now I'm wondering if I need to throw it out .
Also, if that does create alcohol, what about all the other fermented stuff...vegetables, grains etc that are in the NT book?
TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 09:43 PM

I suppose it does have the tiniest bit of alcohol in it, but based on my own raspberry drink I can say that it would never, ever get you intoxicated and would not have to be sold as an alcoholic beverage.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:44 AM

It creates a small amount of alcohol and as long as you don't let it go too long then it's about the same or less as eating a ripe banana IMHO. You should be able to taste it if it's gone too long--it will not taste very sweet and have that alcoholic kick. You can usually tell by the smell even before you taste it.

I'm a teetotaler and can even get woozy from the aforementioned ripe banana or pear!

User Tag List