NT mamas, & all mamas... cod liver oil in pregnancy? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 152 Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I also have an "online friend" who did the CLO during pregnancy with 2 babies, and had 2 babies who needed heart surgery. Of course, nobody can say what exactly happened there, but she in her heart believes it was the CLO.

Oops, was filled with surprise about your doctor's explanation that I forgot to comment on this too...

What kind did she take and how much? Does she get lots of sun? The interesting thing about vitamins A and D is that an increase in one demands more of the other.

Hope her little bunnies are doing well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 152 Old 09-22-2007, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Whaaaa? No I don't. Natural vitamin A is called retinol.

The entire argument for the superiority of whole foods providing your vitamins is that they contain BOTH the right and the left hand ... and synthetic only has ONE.

I think he is a wee bit fuddled.
I think you might be right!! I actually spoke with my ND (a different person) about this just last night. He said that some time ago, he actually called SP to get clarification on this. He said that yes, they do add a "miniscule amount" of the synthetic A, and it has to do with some labeling thing. In order for them to be able to label it as a "vitamin," it had to have it in there - something to that effect.

And I actually did try switching to New Chapter's Perfect Prenatal just because of it, and I felt pretty bad during the week that I took it, so I switched back to the Catalyn and decided not to worry about it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page