Fill me in on the NT excitement! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2006, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so bummed I've never heard about NT before. Who is the author of Nourishing Traditions? I have to get a copy. Is there just one main book. If I'm referring to the correct book, I noticed it's part philosophy/part cookbook, is that right?

Anyone interested in NT would also definitely be interested in The Maffetone Method by Dr. Phil Maffetone. Similar nutrition philosophy, but also gets into proper natural "exercise" - lower heart rate/eat good fat, less sugar = program your body to burn more fat. My health bible!

He also makes organic low dose natural supplements: www.firstorganics.net. Check out the literature. A little pricey there. I buy them from www.vitaminwarehouse.com instead. And actually on that website is a better/more info version of The Maffetone Method. It's called something like "The no nonsense guide to...(something)..." sounds dorky and mainstream but totally not. But you can only purchase it from their website. I actually recommend this one more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE= And actually on that website is a better/more info version of The Maffetone Method. It's called something like "The no nonsense guide to...(something)..." sounds dorky and mainstream but totally not. But you can only purchase it from their website. I actually recommend this one more.[/QUOTE]

Oops! Here I was referring to the www.firstorganics.net website.

User Tag List