kombucha - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
do you make this? do you have a good recipe? someone i know has a mushroom for me and i want to start, but have to admit, i am addicted to the Synergy Kombucha made with fruit juices. I've looked at the NT recipe and am just not into the black tea and sugar thing...

anyone got a good recipe and tips?

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#2 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 02:29 PM

The Synergy brand (which I *love*, and can't get anywhere around here...) is also made with the black tea and sugar. It's then blended with the fruit juice. So, start brewing the basic kombucha, then start experimenting with blending it with different juices
#3 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

really? i was just going off the ingredients list... i just got the mushroom today so i need to jump in. I guess you can also brew with green tea...The Synergy Kombucha just looks like juice so i assumed there was no black tea in it.

shoule i just use the NT recipe then and go from there?

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#4 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 08:12 PM

YUM! I love the ginger Synergy kombucha. I'm brewing my first batch now, then will add fresh ginger juice
#5 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmainer
really? i was just going off the ingredients list... i just got the mushroom today so i need to jump in. I guess you can also brew with green tea...The Synergy Kombucha just looks like juice so i assumed there was no black tea in it.

shoule i just use the NT recipe then and go from there?
Oh, from what I have read (some) you shouldn't do more than 1/2 green tea bags. Something about the fermented black tea helping it along.
#6 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

so, after you brew the basic recipe, you're just going to add some different juices to get the taste you want? how will you get ginger juice- juice your own or is that something you buy, cause i love the ginger Synergy too... that and Trilogy.

#7 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 08:25 PM

Juicing ginger is a pain. Grate it into a bowl, then press the pulp with the back of a spoon. After that, you could move the pulp to a mortar and pestle and pound the snot out of it to get any remaining juice.
#8 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Lou

i do kombucha with green tea- works fine for us, but i'll be trying black tea after we run out of green. i use the nt recipe, but use organic evaporated cane juice and green tea.

ginger kombucha sounds awesome!! mmm... maybe with some cayenne too. that'd be an amazing tonic.

but we love kombucha mixed with OJ, or mama's herbal tea (nettle, hibiscus, alfalfa, honey, lemon juice)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page