NT May Thread - Page 28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama

I have been reading N&PD and Dr. price got the best results when providing CLO plus the high vitamin butter.

Could I get the same/almost the same benefits from eating raw/regular butter plus CLO? (The high vitamin butter is just really expensive ($60-8oz).....but if it is really that much better I could probably justify buying it)

Thanks, Jennifer
I'm wondering the same thing. The butter oil is completely out of my league right now.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2006, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla
I'm wondering the same thing. The butter oil is completely out of my league right now.
When I was deciding whether to buy it, I looked up all I could on butter oil. It takes 8 to 9 pounds of cream to make the 8 ounce jar. I get cream at $10 per quart from my cowshare, so that would be $5 per pound, 9 pounds for $45. (and you could either use the cream or make it into butter). So the butter oil is more expensive. I am buying and making as much butter as I can right now, because this is when the grass is growing fast and the cream is really yellow and good, and then I freeze it to have year round. I think that can substitute for the butter oil, maybe about a tablespoon of good raw grassfed butter for 1/2 tsp of oil. I did end up getting the oil as insurance, since I am working on reversing diabetes, but I don't think it's essential, if you have a good source of grass fed raw butter or cream.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Just popping in to say congrats to provocativa!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Old 06-01-2006, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocativa
popping in from my baby moon to say there's got to be something to the NT prenatal diet- newest dd was 9.2 pounds, still had some vernix at a week late (yay for eating extra fats) and labor was simple- if pushing almost 10 pounds out of your body is ever 'simple', ha.
Congratulations!

is vernix related to fat consumption? my week late, 9lb 7oz ds still had vernix on him. i can't say how much, he's my first so i have no comparison. not a ton, more than a dab. i hadn't discovered nt yet but was eating a somewhat similar pregnancy diet.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!

User Tag List