what's a good garlic supplement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been chopping up raw garlic and putting it in capsules, but I thought it would be easier to just take garlic tablets or whatever. But there are a lot of brands and I have no idea how to tell what is good. Any recommendations?
#2 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 01:58 AM

If you use smaller cloves, you could just swallow them whole? Like a very large pill. Or you could maybe cut them in half, if they are too big.

I heard somewhere, that is supposed to be the ideal way to take garlic.

Heather, mama to          
#3 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 AM

i have read in many places that the garlic capsules/tablets you can buy are virtually useless. keep taking the raw garlic!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

#4 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone have any idea how much garlic I should take each day? I've been taking roughly 1 small clove a day, or whatever fills up 4 "00" capsules. (I'm trying to kill some internal yeast with it.)
#5 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 01:06 PM

When we are fighting off something, we just keep a jar of peeled cloves in the fridge and squeeze them through our garlic press on various things that we eat... I think it is a lot easier than capsules? It's good on salads, you can smear it on bread with butter, or make guacamole, or put it in your soup, etc.
#6 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 PM

The same site that says to swallow it whole, suggest starting w/ one every evening and work up to three. Oh and the author said when your morning poo starts smelling very garlicy, then you are taking enough. Nice huh.

I wish I could find the site for you. It was an eczema cleansing diet but the info would be great for so many things. I'll try to find it.

Heather, mama to          

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page