Question Re: NT raw cows milk infant formula - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-12-2006, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son, Jonathon, now 18mths has always had a dairy allergy and been on Nutramigen. My last three kids have had dairy allergies they slowly outgrew, so it's really nothing knew to me, but Jonathon is a little different to work with. I have been slowly introducing raw cows milk to him little by little and he seems to be doing well so far, no ill effects unless I give too much, so believe me it's been like tablespoon by tablespoon increments daily and we are up to mixing 4oz. of raw cows milk with 24oz of Nutramigen.

What I wanted to know is in the NT book I have it has a recipe for infant formula using raw milk. But where in the world do you find all the things needed to make the formula? Does Whole Foods carry it? I can make a trip tomorrow to get it if I knew they carried it, besides I need some bulk items from there anyway. If anyone uses this or has used the NT infant formula where did you find your stuff?

I have to add that for those that don't know, Jonathon has a Mic-Key button (feeding tube) so that's why I ask about this for an older child. He doesn't eat by mouth other than taste due to swallowing problems. Does anyone know how many calories the formula has per ounce? I need to figure out where I put my book so I can see if it states it or not. Jonathon requires 30 calories an ounce so I could add Polycose (for additional calories) to get it to that point but need to know what the basis is so I can do the computation myself. TIA gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2006, 07:41 PM

This page is an FAQ for the homemade formula and has purchasing info toward the end -

http://www.westonaprice.org/children...la-faqs.html#3

HTH
Old 05-13-2006, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

User Tag List