NT July thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-02-2006, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was surprised that nobody had started one yet, so here it is. Back to post more later:
#2 of 11 Old 07-02-2006, 01:19 AM

I wasn't sure if they were going to now that we have our own forum...hehe
#3 of 11 Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm in the market for a scoby - I know someone offered some last month, are there still any available? I can PayPal postage. Save me from buying a case of GTs at $3.29 a bottle :
#4 of 11 Old 07-03-2006, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
I wasn't sure if they were going to now that we have our own forum...hehe

didnt know? anyone else want to chime in? Are we still going to have monthly threads?
#5 of 11 Old 07-04-2006, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna4000
Hi ladies,
I'm in the market for a scoby - I know someone offered some last month, are there still any available? I can PayPal postage. Save me from buying a case of GTs at $3.29 a bottle :
I have scoby's.. shipping is $6...you can paypal me a instant transfer or send me a check..pm me...
#6 of 11 Old 07-04-2006, 03:28 AM

Hey everyone. We have been off the NT wagon the last few weeks. The heat makes turning on the oven unbearable to me :
We are travelling this week, then I am back on the wagon. We are sick of cheese and fruit for nearly every meal!
#7 of 11 Old 07-04-2006, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Happy 4th of July NT moms!: :
We had a big parade in town today. Everyone throws out candy to the kids and we got a huge bag full: The kids enjoyed it. I let them each have 3 pieces and now the candy will be hid for later days for trashed.
We are going to be spending most of the day at the pool because it is very hot here. There is a big fireworks display tonight. Anyone else have any big fun plans?
#8 of 11 Old 07-04-2006, 11:31 PM

Well, I am totally new to this, so I would like to see a thread. Also, was there a daily "what we're eating today" kind of thread? That would be ahuge help to me, trying to figure out the daily menu. I really don't cook much especially in the summer and need easy to get to things that the kids can eat when I'm not around or I can eat when I'm working.

Right now we're eating alot of raw milk, eggs, and cheese. And fruits/veggies. But really, how many scrambled eggs can we eat?
#9 of 11 Old 07-05-2006, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory maker
didnt know? anyone else want to chime in? Are we still going to have monthly threads?
Hmmm . . . since "traditional foods" is for non-NT'ers too, maybe we should?
#10 of 11 Old 07-05-2006, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
subbing...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#11 of 11 Old 07-06-2006, 08:13 PM

I just wanted to say I really like having this thread to "chat" with other people who know what we're aiming for in terms of a healthy diet in a SAD eating world.

We were back east visiting our families for almost two weeks, and we got all out of whack, especially the first weeks. The in-laws side eats some very unsavory things IMHO. I was constantly starving trying to find something nourishing to fill the void. I ended up eating applesauce muffins just to fill up but they were with soy margarine and regular flour and it sat there like a log in my belly it felt like. They were big on canned veggies and toddler food. I'm blocking most of it out. The second half we were in a hotel with a kitchenette and I bought some healthier foods from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods but we still ate out a lot and ate too many desserts. It's good to be home and getting back into our routine.. Not surprisingly, we got horrible colds during the trip too.

Wow, I encountered some yucky stuff our our trip visiting the extended family. It makes me happy we live so far away at these times. We'd visit and be offered food with cool whip with Splenda and things like that. I had to decide whether to just eat the things to be nice or pass on them (Cool Whip with splenda is where I draw the line LOL.) Crazy stuff that people call food nowadays... /rant

I did bring home some kefir on the plane that my mom gave me though. I've been putting it into smoothies for DD and DH and I'm converting some to water grains for kefirized grape juice for me, which hopefully won't bother my nursling.

-Kelly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page