Mothering Forum banner

kombucha and detox

857 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  memory maker 
#1 ·
what does detox from drinking kombucha like? I drank some for the first time yesterday and felt dizzy all day. I only drank half a glass. Was this from the kombucha or was I just
: for some other reason?

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a very good question. I got some for DH and tasted it before offering him a glass. I loved the taste so much that I drank 8 oz, 4 the next day, and 2 the day after that. I noticed that I woke at 5 am unable to go back to sleep the morning following my first glass. I've always been a sound sleeper except when my mercury was high since last fall through the first two months of my chelation program. Since that point I have slept like a baby again each night. I kept waking up in the early am until a day after I stopped the kombucha. I also noted that some physical issues that had resolved two months ago as the chelation progressed suddenly reappeared. I found a testimony on kombucha's ability to remove mercury at the very bottom of the following WAP article :

www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/kvass.htm

I chose to stop drinking the kombucha because it seemed to be increasing my extracellular mercury levels. Some natural chelators can do this as they attach to the mercury, but release it before it exits the body. This may just be my experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.