The project - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2006, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amanda - That is a beautiful and encouraging site. I love finally being able to put a face to someone I have read so many posts from over the last few years!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2006, 11:59 PM

thank you Amanda

Can hardly wait to go to your web site.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:31 PM

I have just finished the first section and I love this book! Your writing style is so warm and welcoming. So many things that you wrote about I have felt from time to time. I think every mother should read this book. I am excited for it to come out so I can own it.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:44 AM

So, I'm implementing my "amanda plan".

What is everyone taking in terms of B vitamins? I'm looking for brands and doses.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:51 PM

:
Old 11-08-2006, 07:58 PM

Would it be possible to read this book please?

I'll PM my email to you.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonberi View Post
So, I'm implementing my "amanda plan".

What is everyone taking in terms of B vitamins? I'm looking for brands and doses.

Thanks!
I take "country life coenzyme B complex"

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

Old 11-09-2006, 01:26 AM

Designs for Health B Supreme.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

1ht

i had a nice list of b supplements in my favorites that hit the highway in a hard drive crash

is anyone doing the liver regimen? liver is loaded with Bs.

i've also found that loading up on brewer's yeast helps me in a slump

more stuff on website

my mom is contributing. you all can see how cool she is

first newsletter will be in about 10 days and will feature beans and phytates.

edited: the man cub appears to have a case of "measles-lite" and is on my lap. The computer's to the side and I've got one hand to type. He just moved off for a minute to give me another hand.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
I take "country life coenzyme B complex"
Us too. The owner of our local HFS said it was a readily available form (I think I'm remembering this correctly). Whatever she said, she said it was a good one to take.

ETA: On liver ... we've had it once a week for 3 weeks ... not enough to know how much of a difference it's making, but at the same time, I'm wondering if that combined with taking 2 5HTP's, 1 Bcomplex, 1 Zinc, and 1 GABA plus my magnesium has helped me get over whatever slump I had been in because suddenly I don't have the strong cravings for liver or beef. (I was desparate for beef and liver for a week or so.) I feel like I'm back on an upswing - I'm not sure what got me into the slump, though I'm suspecting it has something to do with yeast as I have some symptoms of that, and so the sugar is back out again (at least as out as I can make it, though I'm still using honey and agave). I'm thinking of going wheat free and/or corn free, but reading The Omnivore's Delimna, I'm wondering how feasible it is to eliminate corn, and we don't even eat much that isn't made from scracth. Why is it so hard to simply be *healthy*? (Pretty much a rhetorical question there, but a pressing one none-the-less.)

ETA(again): Amanda, I hope man-cub starts feeling better soon. Yay though for his immune system if it is measles.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 11-10-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
I'm wondering how feasible it is to eliminate corn, and we don't even eat much that isn't made from scracth. Why is it so hard to simply be *healthy*? (Pretty much a rhetorical question there, but a pressing one none-the-less.)

ETA(again): Amanda, I hope man-cub starts feeling better soon. Yay though for his immune system if it is measles.
I am grain free. I feel so much better off them. It just takes getting used to. Try cutting corn and wheat for a while and see if you see if you feel better.

I just started the SCDiet after 2 months of researching my conditions. Since starting I think I am having yeast and Lyme die-off because I am having feeling of panic attacks out of nowhere. God is helping me through this. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am not dying and I did not die when I felt this way before.

For anyone who is interested I think that Celiac maybe the root of my problems. I have so many symptoms of leaky gut, malabsorbsion, and celiac=depression, multiple (20) food sensitivities on a blood test, nutirent defiencies, 13 week M/C, abnormal bleeding, anemia, potassium defiency,bloating, candida...

I have read that you can have the gene for celiac you whole life and suddenly it can be triggered by stressors like pregnancy and bacterial infections (I have Lyme)!!! I also tested high on a blood test that suggests celiac. My food allergy test results came back that I was allergic to all gluten containing grains and others. I also noticed cuch a difference cutting grains that is was unbelieveable (I felt energetic, mentally clear an lost 8 pounds in 6 days!)

I do not want to do all the follow up testing (blood tests, biopsys) because I (and dh) have a gut feeling that THIS is the real problem and they can be innacurate. (Plus, I just am over the whole dr and hospital experience. I also don't need more opportunities to expose my body to infection right now) This week it was like all all the puzzle pieces fell together. So now I am healing the gut with SCD. Ds (2) is too because he had symptoms of childhood CD! Thin with a bloated belly and very loose/bad stools. Plus it goes from parent to child.

I just wanted to share in case someone out there was having similar problems.
s to Fredrick
Jen

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

Old 11-10-2006, 05:24 PM

WOW Jennifer. Celiac runs in my family. I don't think I have any symptoms at this time but I am suffering from the malabsortion as well. I also have high cholesterol, border line high glucose and low sodium...thyroid is great. I got my blood test results on Tues. I would love to lose 8 lbs (ok so more like 50)..lol
Old 11-10-2006, 07:54 PM

Very interesting Jen. Thanks for posting. I'm learning alot. Do you take any supplements, or does that make it worse?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting Jennifer. Keep us updated.

My mom is reading to Frederick now. I do think it's the measles. We missed the phase of the white spots in the mouth but apparently as the spots heal, if they become brown, that is a sign. He's in preschool a few days a week and about a week ago I took him in hesitantly. He was not 100% and I offered to take him on errands and go home early. He wanted to see his friends. Half of his class was sleeping when we arrived. My theory is that some of them are getting their booster MMRs now and they may have gotten it from the vaccine. Or perhaps he just got it nature's way. We'll see.

But speaking of that day last week, I noticed that MyLittleWonder's son is now a poster child at Organic Pastures. That was him in the cow costume, right?

A couple of guys were also filming a documentary on food toxins and got me onn tape loading my car with thirteen gallons of milk and then interviewed me. It wasn't my best interview after very little sleep.

And MyLittleWonders is biased about my mom to start with since she met her at Organic Pastures and already knows that she's cool.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna06 View Post
Very interesting Jen. Thanks for posting. I'm learning alot. Do you take any supplements, or does that make it worse?
I do take supplements and they have helped heal my defiencies faster. I no longer look anemic, I am having dream recall (B6), and my zinc is almost at a good level (You can swish liquid zinc in your mouth for 10 seconds and the taste will tell you your status). This is after 12 weeks of NT and supps and I felt a MAJOR improvement after only 6 weeks. I should have taken a "before" picture, but it was really too depressing.

On the Specific Carbohydrate Diet you are supposed to avoid all starches even in supplements, but I am benefitting from them too much to try and find alternatives. I like Country Life and NOW brands.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl View Post
WOW Jennifer. Celiac runs in my family. I don't think I have any symptoms at this time but I am suffering from the malabsortion as well. I also have high cholesterol, border line high glucose and low sodium...thyroid is great. I got my blood test results on Tues. I would love to lose 8 lbs (ok so more like 50)..lol
You can have some blood tests done that help indicate if you may have it. You can eve have it without feeling extreme,typical symptoms. You might benefit going off grains/starches completely if celiac runs in your family and since you have higher glucose. Then just see how your body responds. My own food experiments on myself have been better than any test IMO. The blood tests just show me where to expolore. My thyroid was great too. There are so many things that can be happenig in our body.....:

Old 11-10-2006, 11:07 PM

I posted this on the depression thread...

but do any of you take HCL? and if so do you notice any strange symptoms..I think I lose more hair on it and I swear that my scalp is dryer and itchier and that my lips are more chapped...my ND says that she has never heard of that...

User Tag List