chelation,remineralization(wasDd's Teeth) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 129 Old 04-02-2007, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, the OP is nasty. I switched to unrefined sunflower and haven't noticed any difference from the EVCO. My mouth feels fresh all day long which is wonderful. I can't say I've noticed that my teeth are any whiter, but I've only been doing it about 2 weeks.
#122 of 129 Old 04-17-2007, 11:55 PM

O.k. I had to report back now that I've been doing OP for about a month. Mouth still feels fresh. The area of inflammation and discomfort over three teeth is greatly reduced and the gums that had been receeding are coming back down. I in fact have a bit of hyperplasia between two of the teeth where the gum is growing between the teeth and I'll probably have to get a dentist to cut it away.
My teeth were not looking any whiter until I went back to the site and noticed the empahsis on brushing teeth right after oil pulling. I had been rinsing a couple times with water and not brushing my teeth until 45 minutes later when my shower was complete. I have been brushing my teeth right after for the last 5 days and think I'm seeing an improvement, but it's hard to tell and could just be wishful thinking.
One other thing... I have had an area of intermittent pain on my right lateral forearm for the last year (since I started detox/chelation). I probably noticed it 5-8 times each day. Well, the pain has been completely gone for the last 1 1/2 weeks. Nothing else is new so I'm wondering what the heck that was.
#123 of 129 Old 04-18-2007, 12:22 AM

Oh, wow! Your receding gums are growing back up around your tooth? I think you've just inspired me to try the oil pulling again. Although I wonder if I should first get a dental cleaning to clear away any encrusted plaque that might prevent the gums from reattaching?
#124 of 129 Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 AM

Actually, I haven't had my teeth cleaned in 3 years : because we haven't had dental insurance and we've spent all our money on food and helping dd get better. Oh, would I love a cleaning.
#125 of 129 Old 05-04-2007, 08:15 PM

Today I got my teeth professionally cleaned for the first time in 2 years. There were some noticeable coffee stains on my front teeth, but that gritty paste the dentist uses polished it right off! They also scraped away the hardened plaque from around the gumline, so I'm hoping that the oil pulling will now help my gums re-attach. (They've been receeding from around my lower molars.)

Moneca, can we get an update on how you've been doing with OP?
#126 of 129 Old 05-05-2007, 01:01 AM

Well, we had a chaotic move back to Colorado so I didn't OP for a week and a half. I'm happy to say that the stale taste I used to have in my mouth never came back nor did the pain in my arm. When I was OP before my gums hurt where they were growing back when I brushed each day, but only in those areas. While I stopped OP I had no pain while brushing. I just started again a couple days ago and it hurts again while brushing. I guess it's just because it is growing back. I need to go to curezone to hopefully find some more info. Oh, you have me thinking about a cleaning again. Maybe I'll call and get a price.
#127 of 129 Old 05-05-2007, 01:48 AM

Maybe you can get a discount if you pay in cash at the time of service. Our dentist gives a 5% discount; we paid $112 for x-rays and a cleaning. My teeth are so white now!! Yay for getting rid of coffee stains
#128 of 129 Old 05-05-2007, 11:14 PM

I don't know, but I tried brushing my teeth with a baking soda and salt mixture once. It was incredibly painful on the parts of my teeth that have exposed roots (gums receding).
#129 of 129 Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 AM

Gonna bump this bad boy.

Resistance is futile Matey

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page