Vitamix for grain grinding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I just got home from Costco after seeing a Vitamix demo. ooh! I had never looked at them before and now I want one! The lady demo'd grinding corn for me (pop corn) and said that it does great at grinding any grain. Has anyone heard anything about this? How do they like it? Or should I stick to my original plan for buying a stand alone grain grinder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2007, 08:43 PM

I have a vita-mix, and I will say, I love it! However, I also have dreams of buying a nutrimill for my grinding. The grain gets very hot in the vita-mix, and you can only do small quantities at a time (about 4-6 c total before you need to give the machine a rest). So, if your primary goal is to do lots of grinding, stick with the mill. However, if you will only do smaller amounts of grinding and want a blender with oomph, go with the vita-mix.
Melanie
Old 02-28-2007, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

thanks! i was so ready to buy that vitamix too! I'll wait a bit though and get my grain mill and bosch mixer first
Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 AM

I must agree with all above. I have a Nutrimill for grinding grain and the Bosch ----- which I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE! I had those for 18 months and got the Vita-mix just before Christmas this year. wow, I love that too! I am glad to have them all. I wouldn't change the order I did things, you are right to go for the mill/bosch first. Also, I have the blender for the Bosch, which they claim is as good as a vita-mix, nope, it's not.

User Tag List