kombucha and candida - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-21-2007, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The lady at the local HFS told me she used to drink kombucha, and had her blood tested a few months ago and had high candida, and was told by whoever did the test that it was from the kombucha.

Everything I have found on google says that kombucha helps candida, not contributes to it. Does anybody have any experience or knowledge about this?

(she did tell me though that she wasn't drinking it anymore at the time of the test, but she had drank it for a long time. perhaps the fact that she stopped was the reason for the candida.)
#2 of 4 Old 03-21-2007, 07:29 PM

Yeah, the yeast in kombucha battles candida. Whoever told her kombucha causes candida overgrowth is not knowledgeable on the subject.
#3 of 4 Old 03-21-2007, 08:44 PM

:

Even yesterday, I unknowing ate something with nutritional yeast. My stomach blew up like a balloon. I drank 16 oz of Kombucha and it went down with in an hour.
#4 of 4 Old 03-22-2007, 12:50 AM

I have heard that in some people kombucha does cause vaginal yeast infections...I would guess that it's not because of the yeast in the kombucha itself, but because of all the other chemicals in kombucha that could depress your immune system if you react to any of them. Your body has to detox natural food chemicals just the same as it does synthetic ones or pesticides, and some people are better at it than others.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page