Any mama's looking to TTC in the next 6-12 months and eating NT/TF??? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 187 Old 05-18-2007, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never thought of the agave nectar. I think I will pick some up and use it to help me transition to no sugar at the very least. I like to sweeten my chammomile tea a little before I drink it. Thanks for the suggestion. ( I was also taken off white flour products but I am not crying over that).

Mama to two loqacious and bouncy boys.
#62 of 187 Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Gale is still not fessing as to whether she is in baby fever or not....

Resistance is futile Matey
#63 of 187 Old 05-19-2007, 01:31 PM

@ Thystle

My husband has sinus surgery in June, I have a book to finish and about 100 emails to answer since I've had email problems lately, two big reports this summer to pay the bills, and I'm apparently on a weight loss diet. : My son mentions just about every day that he wants a sibling. It would be great, but we'll just have to see.

According to my son, by the way, the way you have a baby is you go to a church and while you're there, God makes a box and then makes a baby. God puts the baby in a box and then points His finger to the church. The church door opens and God sends the baby in the box to the parents. The baby is placed on the floor between the parents.

This is not the way Frederick came to us, by the way. According to him, it all happened in a park. And it happened before we got married. He's going to get some serious rumors started around here.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#64 of 187 Old 05-19-2007, 11:58 PM

Taedareth, to be obliquely ungooglable, I'm in the pharmacy program at the purple school in the Seahawks city. It's a four-year course and I am so ready to be done and be a normal human again.

persimmon
#65 of 187 Old 05-20-2007, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force View Post
@ Thystle

My husband has sinus surgery in June, I have a book to finish and about 100 emails to answer since I've had email problems lately, two big reports this summer to pay the bills, and I'm apparently on a weight loss diet. : My son mentions just about every day that he wants a sibling. It would be great, but we'll just have to see.

According to my son, by the way, the way you have a baby is you go to a church and while you're there, God makes a box and then makes a baby. God puts the baby in a box and then points His finger to the church. The church door opens and God sends the baby in the box to the parents. The baby is placed on the floor between the parents.

This is not the way Frederick came to us, by the way. According to him, it all happened in a park. And it happened before we got married. He's going to get some serious rumors started around here.

OMG :

#66 of 187 Old 05-20-2007, 05:23 PM

OMG why am I laughing so hard right now
#67 of 187 Old 05-21-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by persimmon View Post
Taedareth, to be obliquely ungooglable, I'm in the pharmacy program at the purple school in the Seahawks city. It's a four-year course and I am so ready to be done and be a normal human again.

persimmon
Whoa, I had to think that one through My alma mater is WWU here in Bellingham. But that purple school is a good one too :P Hope you're enjoying your course of study! I went for English Lit. Being a pharmacist pays better, though!
#68 of 187 Old 05-24-2007, 02:03 PM

I've been wanting to try agave nectar to see what it's like...maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for the link, moneca!

We're officially TTC!!!

I blog about traditional foods, nurturing creativity, keeping a simple home, and the elements of crafting a meaningful life at www.maggiesnest.org.
#69 of 187 Old 05-24-2007, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

There is a whole foods natural bread bakery here and they use agave for the sweetener in their bread.

Tastes pretty good.

Man oh man... I should not get pg.... man oh man but I feel "it" and my brain wont stop telling me I "need" it.

Argh.... stupid back of the brain baby fever.

#70 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 01:08 AM

I thought you ladies would want to know that dh and I decided to try and have another baby a few weeks ago and I had a +pregnancy test yesterday!

Yay traditional foods.

Jen

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#71 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 01:15 AM

Jen! Congrats, I am so happy for you! Please let us know how you are feeling and if you need any support
#72 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 01:26 AM

I finally decided to snoop around the TF forum. It seemed like this strange intimidating place.....

After reading some stuff turns out I eat TF. I was scared of ya'll.

My diet is not perfect by any means but I try.

I was just telling DH about the agave syrup and wanting to try it. DH is "pre-diabetes" according to his Dr.

Well, I will proably be TTC starting July. Only one month away!

What do you think about supplements like Rainbow Light and/or Floradix?
#73 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 AM

how do you do the detox? I am just starting NT and am currently TTCing and just gobbling all info about this up - any advice would be welcomed!
#74 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM

Me too! We are going to try in the Fall. We live in San Diego for a few months and I have to time the arrival just right to be in Texas for a homebirth.
I've been eating TF for about a year now without sugar or grains, I'm recovering from candida. I use Xylitol and stevia for the most part and honey and maple syrup for my dh and dd. I just made lemonade with whey from NT, delish. I'd love to try the agave nector, too.
Love the CLO!!!!
I was a vegitarian for a few years in the mid 90's and became very sick, I swithed to Atkins for a while and felt soo much better then founf NT and WAPF and I look and feel like a different person! I have done 3 liver flushes in the past 6 months and have been amazed at the results! I just finished one 2 days ago and I feel great! I have no body odor and I swear my huge wrinkle between my eyes is disappearing! My periods have gotten much easier to deal with and have had some that are completely painless! For me that HUGE!
OK, I'm rambling, I'm just so happy to find you all! I've been a bit nervous about TTC but I feel great knowing others are doing the same!
Amanda
#75 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
how do you do the detox? I am just starting NT and am currently TTCing and just gobbling all info about this up - any advice would be welcomed!
Welcome to all the new people!

Please don't detox while TTC, preg, or nursing. NT recommends doing one 6 mos before TTC, but I have never done one.

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#76 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 PM

Thank you, newcastlemama!
I definately won't
#77 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
I thought you ladies would want to know that dh and I decided to try and have another baby a few weeks ago and I had a +pregnancy test yesterday!

Jen
Jen,

That is such great news! Congratulations!

Amanda

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#78 of 187 Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force View Post
Jen,

That is such great news! Congratulations!

Amanda
: Congratulations!!!!

We're officially TTC!!!

I blog about traditional foods, nurturing creativity, keeping a simple home, and the elements of crafting a meaningful life at www.maggiesnest.org.
#79 of 187 Old 06-05-2007, 08:12 AM

Congrats on the +!

For those of you that use stevia which do you find best? I mean liquid, etc. It has been suggested that I use stevia and it is soooo expensive but I have been told to use just a little bit. Any advice would be great.

For those of you TTC are you taking CLO also? I thought you couldn't take CLO while pregnant due to the high Vit A content. I am on a TF diet but also taking mineral supplements. I am nervous about accidently becoming pregnant on it. I have just reintroduced a prenatal to my regime but I am still taking mineral supplements and COL. This is due to a probable low mineral content for me.

#80 of 187 Old 06-05-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatowill View Post
Congrats on the +!

For those of you that use stevia which do you find best? I mean liquid, etc. It has been suggested that I use stevia and it is soooo expensive but I have been told to use just a little bit. Any advice would be great.

For those of you TTC are you taking CLO also? I thought you couldn't take CLO while pregnant due to the high Vit A content. I am on a TF diet but also taking mineral supplements. I am nervous about accidently becoming pregnant on it. I have just reintroduced a prenatal to my regime but I am still taking mineral supplements and COL. This is due to a probable low mineral content for me.
I can't help you with either question, but I have a question for you. What prenatal are you taking? I'm trying to decide.
#81 of 187 Old 06-05-2007, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

newcastlemama.... Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for CLO.... yeppers I am taking it and will keep taking it if I ever become PG again.

It has to do with natural A -vs- synthetic A.

I will NOT be taking a prenatal with a bunch of synthetic vitamins in it this time for sure!

People got along quite nicely without them at one point (not counting starving peoples). So a healthy NT type diet should provide all you need.

#82 of 187 Old 06-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Congrats on the +!

I take 2 teapoons a day= 20,000 IU of A.
http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnut...-oil-menu.html
Quote:
As a general guideline, we recommend the following doses of vitamin A from cod liver oil, along with a nutrient-dense diet that contains other vitamin A-rich foods:

Children age 3 months to 12 years: A dose of cod liver oil that provides about 5000 IU vitamin A daily
Children over 12 years and adults: A maintenance dose of cod liver oil that provides about 10,000 IU vitamin A daily
Pregnant and nursing women: A dose of cod liver oil that provides about 20,000 IU vitamin A daily

Individuals under stress or wishing to use cod liver oil to treat a disease condition may take much larger doses, even up to 90,000 IU vitamin A per day, for a period of several weeks.
After the research I have done, I feel good about my dosage. I took even higher doses when I was chronically ill, but I was not TTC.

Jen

#83 of 187 Old 06-05-2007, 06:01 PM

This is my first time dropping by the TF forum... I'm Brooke. We're currently ttc, nursing DS who will be 14mths on Thursday (where did the time go?!!?). This is our 6th cycle ttc, I've had PPAF since last October, and I'm now ovulating but my LP is around 8 days right now so waiting for it to lengthen... meanwhile I am wondering if we haven't conceived this cycle, if we should put it off for 6mths so I can get healthy... I really believe what WAP says in regards to vit K2/factor X and teeth - our entire family has problem teeth and I can already see DS's are strating to de-mineralize...

I'm just starting to look into the TF thing... anyone give me great recommendations where/how to start? My coconut oil should arrive today, and I've just started on raw grass-fed milk this week. DH thinks I am way too crunchy already and won't take CLO, though I plan to order some (have to figure out a way to hide the cost lol). I take Rainbow Light prenatals (is there something better I should be taking??)

Anyway, other than WAPF site... where else should I be looking/reading? I am putting DH on kefir because of his ummm... intestinal issues and praying it helps. Right now it is store bought, but I plan to culture my own.

The thought of liver makes me want to throw up.... how do I combat that?

Oh, and can someone point me in the right direction as far as this whole soaking/sprouting grains thing... it's totally over my head!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#84 of 187 Old 06-05-2007, 07:58 PM

The prenatal that my naturopath has prescribed for me is Thorne's. I am to take it 3x a day.

I am taking a prenatal along with a few other supplements since we believe that I am miscarrying due to very little mineral store. My son also has weak teeth where both his father and I don't so I am going to have to start building his mineral load also.

#85 of 187 Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
The prenatal that my naturopath has prescribed for me is Thorne's. I am to take it 3x a day.

I am taking a prenatal along with a few other supplements since we believe that I am miscarrying due to very little mineral store. My son also has weak teeth where both his father and I don't so I am going to have to start building his mineral load also.

As far as I understand Price's research, you need vitamin A for your body to ultilize minerals. (I just wanted to share that because you were worried about vitamin A in a previous post.) I believe my m/c was due to defiencies also. s I was taking in a ton of minerals through food, but no retinol (true vitamin A from animal products) so my body became very depleated. You can get it from liver, egg yolks, CLO, yellow butter....I take a mineral supplement too.
Here is an article on fetal development and vit A:
http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyour...n-a-fetal.html

Jen

#86 of 187 Old 06-06-2007, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Brooke if you really want to take liver you can buy the dessicated (dried) liver caps!

#87 of 187 Old 06-07-2007, 04:29 AM

Yay Jen!! I'm so happy for you

Someone mentioned a liver flush - how do you do that?

Recently DH made a comment about "making a baby next month" and I realized WOW! Is our target time frame that close already??

Here's what I've been doing to prepare nutritionally (as much as possible, I give all the same supplements to DH). If we TTC in July, we'll only have been taking the supplements (below) for 2 months. Is that long enough or should we wait to start TTC in August so we'll have been on this regimen for 3 months?

1 Tbsp of Sonne's cod liver oil daily (unrefined, no synthetics, but not the concentrated high-vitamin kind like the Blue Ice; hence the larger dose).
1 1/2 tsp powdered maca (Don't ask me how I came up with that amount. I just reviewed Hethir's fertility smoothie recipes, and it actually calls for 1 Tbsp)
Shaklee Vita-Lea vitamins. They are all natural, no synthetic anything.
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast. It's very high in B vitamins and folic acid. My midwife recommends getting a good supply of folic acid into your system before TTC.

And of course we eat NT style. I cook with a lot of unrefined coconut oil (from Mountain Rose Herbs). We also get cage-free eggs (I know, not the same as truly pasture-fed chickens but it's the best we can find.) Sprouted/soaked millet & quinoa pancakes. We also drink kombucha, water kefir, and milk kefir. I make my milk kefir with pasture-fed, pasteurized whole milk. Sometimes we buy the more expensive raw milk for drinking. The other day I made fudge with raw cacao nibs (recipe I found on this forum). And oh my goodness... it's good!!

Last but not least, I've been trying to get back into the habit of "power walking" on our cross trainer (Gazelle) for 30 minutes, about 5 days a week. It never hurts to be strong and have good stamina before entering pregnancy
#88 of 187 Old 06-14-2007, 11:22 PM

I'm joining in the fun! Just got my first PPAF yesterday at 21 months. That's 5 months later than after my first two pregnancies. I was starting to wonder...
We've been TF for about 18 months. DH just asked me to start making him smoothies so I'm sneaking all kinds of goodies in it he doesn't know about. He says they are yummy so I'm gonna keep on doing it!
I don't do CLO or BO as I don't agree with the concentrated levels of nutrients. I strongly believe we are designed to eat whole foods, at least on a regular basis. Foods that concentrated seem like a therapeutic thing to me. Does that make sense?
We do lots of raw dairy and grassfed meats. I'm hoping for some seriously reduced morning sickness this next time. With all 3 pther pregnancies I lost about 20 lbs the first few months and continued tossing my cookies for many months. Any reduction in MS would be welcome!
Let's all keep our fingers crossed for lots of +++++++++!

: mama to 4 boys
: : :
#89 of 187 Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 AM

Consider me in the club

My DH is raring to go, but I know that I need a few months to rebuild. I feel quite depleted right now, so I am hoping to feel healthier in the next few months so we can TTC this fall. I am not getting any younger, so I can't wait too long

I was veg through all of my 20's and now after having a babe who is still nursing at almost 21 months, I need some help! I am worried about my teeth and bones and I really don't feel strong enough right now to carry a babe and birth.

Anyway, I've been exploring TF for the past year but am still really a newbie - I don't practice everything yet (not even close!). I hope to learn from everyone and to try to banish some of my very non-TF habits (like boxed pasta ).

Oh right now I am taking Floradix and either Thorne prenatal (also recommended by my naturopath) or Rainbow Light (I've used both since pregnancy/birth). I am taking Nordic Natural CLO at the moment, but may switch to a high vit one at some point. I am also on Carleson's D supplements for the short term. I had blood tests in March and was extremely low in vitamin D, B-vits and iron. I believe I am also very low in minerals. I'd love to address these issues with food, but felt I needed the supplements for now. If anyone has some input on this, I'm all ears

Happy to be joining you all!

mama to two sweet girliesdust.gifhearts.gifrainbow1284.gif 
#90 of 187 Old 06-15-2007, 01:22 AM

Nutritional yeast is very high in B vitamins and folic acid. http://www.bestnaturalfoods.com/nutritional_yeast.html Apparently it's also good for selenium and zinc (zinc is important for male reproductive health). DH and I take 1 Tbsp each of nutritional yeast daily. I just mix it up in water and swallow it down quick, then chase it with something that tastes good (like water kefir).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page