Any mama's looking to TTC in the next 6-12 months and eating NT/TF??? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 187 Old 12-28-2007, 01:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me, me! DH gave me the go ahead a few months ago, but we haven't tried yet. I wanted to this month, but then got hit with winter blues, and am now thinking of waiting a month or two. It doesn't feel right to TTC when I feel poorly. So I'm focusing on gathering nutrient dense food, which is hard for me in the winter, since I'm allergic to chicken eggs and cows milk. Raw goat milk is next to impossible to find in winter, and ducks reduce their laying. I've started eating raw meat and fish, and I'm going to get some liver and start swallowing raw chunks in the morning. There are also some raw drinks with raw liver in them in the book We Want to Live that I want to try. My morning drink right now is goat yoghurt, raw honey, raw butter, lemon juice, and two raw duck eggs. This seems to be the only thing lately that is both satisfying and easy to digest for me.

Anyway... I've been lurking on the TF pregnancy thread for a long time, and hope to join it soon!
#122 of 187 Old 12-28-2007, 12:36 PM

I can't believe it, but I think I'm going to post in here!! We don't have any kids yet, but we've decided to start TTC in 2008! Even just typing that is making me excited - I am such a nerd.

DH thinks it's a good idea to prepare nutritionally and with exercise for 6 months, so I'm hoping we will start TTC sometime in June. I haven't decided what that is going to entail yet. I know I want to take CLO. My diet is pretty good otherwise though - I eat mostly paleo. Maybe I'll make more of an effort to make it ALL paleo and to actually exercise. Should I give DH anything other than CLO also?

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
#123 of 187 Old 12-28-2007, 12:58 PM

I'm doing CLO and DP will take it when I give it to him (though he whines about it lol!)

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration comments that in most cultures BOTH parents were fed special diets in the months leading up to conception. Things like shellfish were really important - I think those are high in zinc which we know is important to male fertility. My fellow won't touch shellfish with a 10 foot pole though XD

Another thing was fish roe. I'm just not sure where to get roe from though. The only places I know are at the sushi place (expensive) and caviar at the grocery store (expensive AND has food dyes ) But I'd like to get roe - I've had roe cakes from NT once and they were good, and most of the traditional cultures made roe part of the preconception diet.

All the other nutrient dense things I can handle and DP will eat (he'll pretty much eat anything I cook!)

I think the liver is really important too - I normally try and have liver cooked into something once a week and pate once a week. I can really tell the difference on weeks I don't get my liver. It's the one thing that I can clearly tell makes my energy levels increase. I think I may try the frozen raw liver chunk in the mornings too.

I'm doing my eggs cooked right now and I'm doing a quart of grassfed milk daily. I've thought about raw eggs but I'm not sure I'd be able to handle the texture. I have trouble with some textures - raw eggs (though I can have raw yolks in steak tartare, maybe I should try that), and cooked meats are sometimes hard for me. I have to slice very fine/crumble ground meats very fine, or cook strips/steaks until just cooked on the outside because I can handle the rare texture better.

I'm hoping to get my nutrition going strong in the next six weeks in case I have to subsist off of milk for the start of my pregnancy, which I did with my last two pregnancies because the texture aversions got really bad!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#124 of 187 Old 12-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I'm just not sure where to get roe from though.

You can get salmon roe at Vital Choice. Here's a link: http://www.vitalchoice.com/product/w...iar-ikura-6-oz. It's kind of expensive though.

I've been taking my CLO/BO capsules but, I think I'm going to have to stop. I think the capsule is making my stomach ill. Has anyone had this problem before? I guess I'll have to order some liquid CLO from now on.
#125 of 187 Old 12-28-2007, 06:03 PM

Yipes that is expensive! I wonder how much roe comes in a 6oz container. It's hard for me to picture things like that. Maybe when I go to the grocery store Saturday I'll see how many oz are in their caviar jars (those are around $6 a jar if I remember correctly)

I haven't ever taken a CLO/BO cap. When I had a jar of BO I took the CLO teaspoon then a BO teaspoon (which I just swallowed whole). Since the BO is so expensive though I just use the butter I get from my farmer liberally, along with taking the liquid CLO as usual.

I've had a lot of nausea over the past couple of weeks (I think stress getting ready for our move and taking care of everything here combined with the holidays) and I've been surprised that I could still take my liquid CLO easily even when I was having trouble with other foods. Maybe because I'm so used to taking it now.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!

#126 of 187 Old 12-28-2007, 08:25 PM

well I remembered that I'd gotten my new Shopping Guide in from the WAPF and decided to look at their roe recommendations. I practically fell out of my seat after seeing single ounce containers marked at over $100 on one website

But in the "Good" section they list "Krinos Tarama carp roe caviar" which I found on Amazon from Parthenon Foods:

http://www.amazon.com/Carp-Roe-Cavia...8883308&sr=1-7

The price looks very reasonable to me and I may order a jar to try. It was the only one on the Shopping Guide list that looked affordable to me. For some reason the roe really stood out on my browsing of N&PD this time around and I really want to get some.

#127 of 187 Old 12-29-2007, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Nothing new to post... just popping in to say howdy!

Resistance is futile Matey
#128 of 187 Old 12-29-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
well I remembered that I'd gotten my new Shopping Guide in from the WAPF and decided to look at their roe recommendations. I practically fell out of my seat after seeing single ounce containers marked at over $100 on one website
I little OT, but just wondering if you have to be a member of WAPF to get these things?
I don't have kids and am not pregnant... for another 4-5 years... and nooooo I am not LuRkInG on this thread... :
BTW you are all sooooooooo informative! Basically, YOU ALL ROCK!
#129 of 187 Old 12-29-2007, 10:26 PM

If you want fish roe just go to a sushi bar, if it is cost prohibitive.
#130 of 187 Old 12-29-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilllearning85 View Post
I little OT, but just wondering if you have to be a member of WAPF to get these things?
I don't have kids and am not pregnant... for another 4-5 years... and nooooo I am not LuRkInG on this thread... :
BTW you are all sooooooooo informative! Basically, YOU ALL ROCK!
I'm not sure if you can order the shopping guide without being a member of the WAPF. I know they send it every year to members. I think the membership is totally worth the price - you get the quarterly journal which is *always* excellent.

But you could send them an email and ask if you can purchase the shopping guide, it's probably a few dollars. I find it helpful if I'm looking at different brands at a natural foods grocer or by mail order ^^

#131 of 187 Old 12-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne D'Arc View Post

If you want fish roe just go to a sushi bar, if it is cost prohibitive.
Can you order just the roe at sushi places I know they put roe on the outside of rolls, but I don't eat those because of the white rice and mayonaisse...
#132 of 187 Old 12-30-2007, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

#133 of 187 Old 12-31-2007, 03:35 PM

Can you order just the roe at sushi places I know they put roe on the outside of rolls, but I don't eat those because of the white rice and mayonaisse..."

Mine never comes with mayo :

At the place i got to it is called Unagi, i think...
It does come with rice wrapped up in seaweed, i just eat
the eggs and seaweed. and leave the rice. I think you could
probably ask for just the roe. They accommodate me
in all kinds of ways.
#134 of 187 Old 01-02-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbchavez View Post
Can you order just the roe at sushi places I know they put roe on the outside of rolls, but I don't eat those because of the white rice and mayonaisse...

I never heard of Sushi with mayonnaise before, Yuck! LOL. I go to Japanese restaurants a lot and never touch the rice.

-----

We might try ttcing this year (again), but it depends on if I'm somewhat fertile or not. I haven't had a normal cycle in almost two years and I currently dont ovulate so I hope NT will help with that - Low-carb and grain-free NT, that is.

Right now I'm taking CLO and other supplements. I will see a ND this month for my thyroid and see what she says about my PCOS/fertility.

I'm not sure what to do for SO though. The only meat he eats is fish and both CLO and CO made him very sick. He eats mostly veggies, fruit some fish, tempeh and a little olive oil, some grains (never processed) and thats it.
#135 of 187 Old 01-02-2008, 02:19 PM

Signing on here... We have just started TTC. I am very excited. It does seem, though, that my diet has taken a nose dive over the last few weeks. Got to get in more veggies!

We have this caviar. It is available at a local import store. It's tasty, but only if you like fishy flavors.
#136 of 187 Old 03-23-2008, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Well it's been 10 months since I started this thread... thought I would bump it!

#137 of 187 Old 03-23-2008, 10:08 AM

For those TTC, this book teaches how to use a fertility calendar and the site has some you can print off :

http://www.gardenoffertility.com/

I'm trying to remember to take my temp in the mornings in chart so that I'll have a better clue when I'm ovulating. We won't ttc until later in the summer.
#138 of 187 Old 03-26-2008, 12:48 PM

We are ttc now, but suddenly my body doesnt want to ovulate anymore. I wonder what I'm doing wrong this time.
#139 of 187 Old 03-27-2008, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
yeah, i'm at the TWW time now. we just started trying this cycle and i am so impatient! i also just started charting all of my signs after almost 4 years on hiatus, so i am not sure if everything is in order for me to get preggo yet. but man, with my first it was a no brainer! we weren't even trying and i must have been super fertile and it was great. these days the slightest little difference in how i feel i jump on it and hope that it is a very early pregnancy sign. although, i still have like almost 2 weeks until i can even begin to think about taking a test. and every day i complain to my husband that it's not going quickly enough. i sure hope it stuck this time b/c i will be a basket case if i have to endure any more of this!

on the up side, i feel very confident about my TF diet and i am so excited to have my first TF baby who i hope will be chunkier and i am hoping my breastmilk is fattier and more sating than it was with my first when i was on a very SAD and lowfat diet.
#140 of 187 Old 05-21-2008, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well it's been a bit over a year since I started thread, and I have not gotten pg.

Still on the edge of doing it!

I noticed quite a few of you did though!

#141 of 187 Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 PM

We plan to TTC in a year for our first child- I am so excited! I won't have anything to compare it to as far as a non-TF pregnancy. However, I especially I want to get good and healthy through TF since I feel so old to have my first (just turned 27).

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#142 of 187 Old 05-22-2008, 06:19 AM

Nicole - 27's not old! Or if it is old, then I'm old too!

I'm hoping to start TTC in 9-10 months. It's the main reason I've been trying to adapt to a more TF diet.

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#143 of 187 Old 05-22-2008, 10:16 AM

I'm still around--still considering TTC. Hoping to start in the next couple of months. I need to revisit this whole thread today. Glad it was bumped.
#144 of 187 Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=862927

Was the huge March/April pg thread... if you want to "browse".

#145 of 187 Old 05-22-2008, 04:36 PM

As soon as dd's food sensitivities are figured out and my gut's healthy, we're ready to try... Hopefully that will be before 2009.

I'll go back and read up, but in the meantime, any ideas for building nutrition stores while nursing and gluten-dairy-egg-free? (there are others, but they're not quite so nutrient-dense...)

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#146 of 187 Old 11-19-2008, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

November 2008 Update

Well it's been a year and a half since I started this thread.

I can't believe I have "held off" this long!

I STILL have bad baby fever and I am still EBF'ing my ANA allergic toddler. :

And I have "slacked off" a bit on and off this year. So I need to once again get more serious! It's been a rough year, stress wise. The baby fever is getting bad again and I need to get into a better place in my head and body before I have an "oops" that pushes me over into a "pg that starts off in a bad place".

So if you all aren't sick of it... I am back to drag this bad boy up again!

#147 of 187 Old 11-20-2008, 12:26 AM

Bump! Im looking to TTC within the next 12 months, hopefully and I am currently at the beginnings of eat TF.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#148 of 187 Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 AM

Joining in!

We're hoping to TTC next fall and I'm prepping now nutritionally. I've started taking a prenatal. I still have a lot of questions, but I thought any prenatal was better than none! I'm taking 20,000 unit's of A each day through Blue Ice CLO, trying to eat liver twice a week (still one time left this week), I'm trying sourdough for the first time, and am trying to get some bone broth in me every day (I think I'm over-cooking it somehow?). I've been slowly re-reading NT to search out all the nuggets of info on what traditonal peoples ate to prepare for pregnancy. The only thing I can remember off the top is that people who lived near the sea often ate a lot of caviar. I don't have any yet. I'll post as I find more foods in the book meant for preping for concetption.
#149 of 187 Old 11-20-2008, 07:48 AM

I’m glad this is active again. I’m TTC starting in March. I started eating mostly TF this past January. I’ve been taking a B-complex and high-vitamin CLO (ok, I bought it but haven’t started taking it yet) and have bought some prenatals but I can’t make myself open the bottle yet. It seems like such a big step towards TTC even though I’m beyond excited about it.

I do take a prescription anti-anxiety/anti-OCD medication that I’m hoping to phase out before TTC but I’m not sure how to do that exactly. It’s something I really feel I need at this point.

I don’t do bone broths because DP complains about the smell of the broth every time I make it, but I make lots of ferments, kefir (just milk kefir right now – hope to start making water/apple juice kefir soon), sourdough, etc. I want to build up my nutritional stores as much as possible before getting pregnant, and have an arsenal of nutritional information ready so I can have a healthy, strong pregnancy.

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#150 of 187 Old 11-20-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittinanny View Post

I don’t do bone broths because DP complains about the smell of the broth every time I make it
My DH does this too! Every time I'm making broth he comes home acting like something died in the house! I think it smells good, maybe because I know it's a sign that super nutritious food is on the way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page