Mothering Forum banner

Kombucha and heartburn

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PeggyinNC 
#1 ·
Does kombucha give anyone else wicked heartburn? I just drank my first bottle of kombucha (over two days) and I've had the most wicked heartburn after drinking it. Is it the kombucha?

#3 ·
Funny you should say that, because I just recently had an amazing experience with heartburn/acid reflux and kombucha. I made a loaf of white bread for my husband, who usually only eats storebought stuff, thinking even though I didn't soak the flour or anything, it would still be better than stuff from the store. It smelled so good, that I had to eat a big slice of it, hot, with lots of butter. I got soooo sick, with acid reflux/heartburn, and we were on the way to the farm to pick up raw milk, so I suffered for the two hour round trip. Got home, and first thing, all I wanted was kombucha. A small glass and a few minutes later, the heartburn stuff was much better. A second small glass...8 oz....and I was all better. Shocked. I have really come to appreciate kombucha lately, not simply for the general effect on my health, but as a specific remedy for digestive problems. I have taken to sipping a bit with my meals, rather than water. Anyway, I guess that doesn't really help your problem, does it? Maybe my system needed the acid to help process that yucky bread, but your system reacts to the abundance of acid differently... Funny how things affect us each differently. Maybe taking just small amounts, an ounce or two at a time to build up might help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.