TF Pregnancy Club - Welcome to November! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy November, all!

Thought I'd start the new one. Here's a link to the last page of the old thread.

Today marks week 23 for me. Whoo! Baby's kicking a LOT! Last night it was so active just before bed I briefly thought, "um....could there be two of them in there?" (It would be kicking/squirming down low, then I'd feel a kick up much higher...can they move that fast?)

I like the "what did you eat today" thread that's started in the TF forum. So in that spirit, today so far I had:
-a smoothie made w/12 oz raw milk, 2 TB almond butter, kelp flakes, one egg yolk, & about 1/2-3/4 cup of mango chunks
-1 tsp cod liver oil (I'll probably have more tonight)
-1C raspberry/nettle/hibiscus tea
-a chunk of pizza from the farmers' market (stopped by on the way to work) - fresh-milled whole wheat crust (not soaked, but I'm making an exception), heirloom tomato sauce, local artisanal cheese

And we're getting on lunchtime, so we'll see what happens next! I'm pretty sure a huge amount of sheeps-milk yogurt happens next.
#2 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 01:00 PM

Good call - thanks Steph! Week 12 over here (or week 10 if counting from day of ovulation).
#3 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 04:14 PM

Week 13 here and its first thing in the morning so what I had yesterday was: gluten-free coconut banana muffins baked with the help of my little girl, then for lunch I had some of that amazing french onion soup from NT, few fruits in the afternoon plus couple avocadoes and some brie and camembert (pasteurized but organic) and then finally got around to making the NT mayo (using organic safflower oil) and indulged myself with one of my favorite childhood potato salad recipes, with lots of shallots and parsley from my garden and couple hard boiled eggs. It was divine! Have rice soaking at the moment and will make a Jamie Oliver risotto for tonight with bacon and zucchini.

Happy healthy November to all of you pregnant TF mamas!

DD energy.gif 7.5, forever missing DS brokenheart.gif lost in childbirth at 42wks, DDrainbow1284.gif 1.5, angel.gif 1/11 at 9 wks
#4 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 04:29 PM

Week 32 here, I'm gettin close! Kind of....

I'm still feeling pokes and kicks all over the place too, I can not figure out how he's situated in there.

I've been super lazy today so I've eaten mostly leftovers today. So here goes:

Soaked oatmeal with sauteed apples

leftover leg of lamb with pea soup and a mixed greens salad

and....thats it, I should be eating more

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

#5 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 04:56 PM

Lurker here. Thought I'd post. I'm due with what will be, God willing, #4 in early April. Currently, I'm 17 weeks.

I'm doing my best at eating TF and since the m/s is gone, things are going better.

Let's see for breakfast I had 2 raw eggs and coconut oil in a bit of orange juice. I had 1 tsp of cod liver oil.

Lunch was a cup of chicken broth, avocado hummus with carrot sticks and a sweet yam doused with butter and a dash of sucanat.

Dinner will be vegetable soup and a spinach salad.

I'm intolerant to dairy, mostly just milk, which was doubly confirmed last Friday after I indulged in some. I had a horrible headache for 2 days. Then just this morning, I thought I would try just a tad bit of yogurt. Goodness, it did a horrible number on my stomach.

I feel like I'm having a bit of trouble keeping my calorie count up there now that I can't drink raw milk anymore. I wonder if drinking the cream would be ok. It seems I can eat things like soured cream and whipped cream without any ill-effects. Hmm....
#6 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 05:11 PM

to the pp that mentioned bacon. I'm going to make some right now. Normally, my husband and I don't eat meat on Friday's, but since I'm gestating I can.
#7 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 PM

We should re-post that TF eggnog recipe over here. I would, but I don't know where I put it.
#8 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedareth View Post
We should re-post that TF eggnog recipe over here. I would, but I don't know where I put it.
oh yes please i'd be interested in that.

DD energy.gif 7.5, forever missing DS brokenheart.gif lost in childbirth at 42wks, DDrainbow1284.gif 1.5, angel.gif 1/11 at 9 wks
#9 of 115 Old 11-02-2007, 11:50 PM

Can I join? We are preparing to concieve soon and hoping to improve some of our eating habits prior. We do raw dairy, pastured eggs and meat. But we are having a hard time coming up with quick (and cheap!) meals as my DH and I are still both in school.

How did ya'll amp your nutrition prior to conception?
#10 of 115 Old 11-03-2007, 12:56 AM

16 weeks here Feeling really good finally! The m/s is almost 100% gone and I have some of my energy back. Now if I could just get the rest of it back, that would be great I'm going to make an effort to eat some liver and some more greens this week as that really helps with my energy typically. Also, I just started with daily nettle/RRL infusions so maybe that might make me feel more energetic. I only drank RRL in my last pregnancy in the 3rd trimester (but large amounts), which I think may have helped cause a very rapid labor. I'm going for a more balanced approach this time.

I'm not craving the pastured eggs as much as I was last month. Local organic pears are really tasty right now

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#11 of 115 Old 11-03-2007, 03:47 PM

TF Eggnog

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream or heavy cream
2 egg yolks
vanilla extract or powder to taste
nutmeg to taste
maple syrup or stevia to taste

Put everything in the blender and serve fresh.

You can also try adding a banana (in which case you won't need any other sweetener) and you might try a bit of cinnamon too.
#12 of 115 Old 11-04-2007, 12:09 AM

Hi, 16 weeks here! Haven't felt any movement yet, but I don't expect to for a bit. That's ok!
My midwife actually just asked me to keep a 3 day diet log to give her next week, so I actually have already written down everything I've eaten today!
3 buttermilk pancakes w/ strawberries and maple syrup (not soaked, sigh)
1 glass orange juice w/ natural vit C powder stirred in (I have a cold)
2 glasses raw milk
2 cups of apple cinnamon tea
2-3 ounces cheese w/ crackers
1 oz dark chocolate w/ almonds (organic fair trade soy free. yummers!)
1 apple
1 chocolate milkshake (we use Breyer's Natural vanilla, AH!Laska syrup, and raw milk. A special rare treat!)
For dinner we are going to have some cottage pie. I'm spending the weekend making beef stock and I'll start some beans soaking tonight, so I can make the NT chili tomorrow.
I still get pretty sick now and then and throw up but I never know when that's going to happen. It looks like I've had a lot of food today although weekdays are much lighter. It's not hard to see, I guess, why I've had no trouble gaining weight!

Life with a toddler: it's not so much the volume, it's the pitch!
#13 of 115 Old 11-04-2007, 02:16 AM

hi everyone! i'm 18 weeks today...time is flying.

i'll post what i had for yesterday's menu since i'm in the future here (i'm in australia, 16 hours ahead).

breakfast - NT granola with crispy almonds, strawberries, flax seeds, cinnamon and yogurt. 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, lightly scrambled. fresh squeezed apple, orange and ginger juice, fish oil.

lunch - chicken from my stock, diced and mixed with homemade mayo, celery and onions (chicken salad) with lettuce, avocado on sprouted wheat bread. carrot sticks with homemade NT yogurt cucumber dip.

dinner - soaked brown rice sauteed in olive oil, eggs, green onions and tamari, topped with a broccoli, mushroom and shrimp stir-fry.

snack - an apple

everything homemade (except for the sprouted wheat) and organic today - hooray! not every day is this good.

thanks for posting your daily menus - they inspire me to eat better, especially when i'm dreaming of nasty oreo cookies.

i'll drink my RRL tea tonight!
#14 of 115 Old 11-04-2007, 02:24 AM

EENS - I'm missing the raw milk these days, too. If I want to poop, I can't drink it - sorry for TMI! Luckily, I'm ok with a little yogurt. I'm doing some more calorie rich snacks to help with the caloric intake...I need to gain more weight. So, more crispy nuts, avocados, and dips for me. Let me know if you come up with any good high calorie snacks!
#15 of 115 Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 AM

Wow, all you people are such TF gourmet chefs. I think I'm doing good if I have reheated homemade chicken soup (with stock, of course!) Kindly ignore the donut holes and Kettle Brand potato chips I ate today. Do I get bonus points for a kefir smoothie?
#16 of 115 Old 11-04-2007, 03:24 PM

32 weeks here and still feeling lots of movement much like roseoffred. Generally speaking I *think* babe is usually head down because I get mostly little wiggles and hiccups towards the bottom and somewhere along the middle part of my belly I get kicks with more oomph behind them. There are still points that babe is transverse though because I very much feel like babe is pushing on either side of my belly towards the middle (like he/she is stretching). My mw is very interested in what this babe's cord is going to look like since even she has experienced how much of a wiggle worm babe can be (makes it hard to find the h/b). She says that the more they move the more corkscrewy the cord looks.

I don't think there are twins there since with my two early u/s (ugh!) the RE only saw one little bean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholoMama View Post
then for lunch I had some of that amazing french onion soup from NT
Oh...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that soup!!!!!

Quote:
TF Eggnog
Thanks for posting the recipe! I somehow missed that in the last thread and it's definitely up my alley - especially with the banana!

Nothings really seemed appetizing to me today so I'm actually headed to make some right now!
#17 of 115 Old 11-04-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
TF Eggnog

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream or heavy cream
2 egg yolks
vanilla extract or powder to taste
nutmeg to taste
maple syrup or stevia to taste

Put everything in the blender and serve fresh.

You can also try adding a banana (in which case you won't need any other sweetener) and you might try a bit of cinnamon too.
mmmmmm, thank you for posting. I'm tempted, really tempted to try this, but I know I'll be out of commission for two days. I'll just take a wee, little sip of my husband's after I make it for him...
#18 of 115 Old 11-04-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukiaustin View Post
EENS - I'm missing the raw milk these days, too. If I want to poop, I can't drink it - sorry for TMI! Luckily, I'm ok with a little yogurt. I'm doing some more calorie rich snacks to help with the caloric intake...I need to gain more weight. So, more crispy nuts, avocados, and dips for me. Let me know if you come up with any good high calorie snacks!
Will do. I did ok with a bit of raw whipped cream - good for pear or apple dipping. Can you tolerate that?
#19 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 01:39 AM

Hello y'all! I had forgotten to come back and resubscribe to the montly threads! I'm at 31 weeks, feeling huge! I like the idea of a food log too!

Bfast: Quinoa pilaff (soaked quinoa, chicken stock, veggies), 1 egg fried in bacon grease, small slice of DH's bday cake (homemade). Plus CLO, butter oil, Vitamineral Green.

snack: part of an apple

Lunch: Spaghetti sauce w/ meat. A few rice noodles tossed in.

Dinner: Roasted chicken, oven fries, vitamins.
Snack 1: popcorn in VCO
Snack 2: another apple

to do: I usually swallow down a lot of raw liver chunks throughout the day - need to do that! Also, need more green stuff & fermented stuff in there!
#20 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 03:17 AM

Hi all. I'm only 11 weeks
I forget what I ate most of the day, but for supper I made a chicken cordon bleu casserole
#21 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 AM

EENS - no whipping cream, although i would drink a bucket of it if i could. i'm soooooo jealous of the egg nog drinkers out there! i will probably dream of it tonight!!

as a snack, i ate duck cracklings (from NT) with a 1/2 glass of kombucha and i was in heaven. i then took the duck fat and fried some potatoes in it, with a little rosemary and salt. they were sooooooo good!! i just love fat and feel so sorry for people on low fat diets!!!!

i'm thinking that this has probably been brought up, but who is taking a prenatal vitamin? i have the liquid source of life prenatal and it taste like candy. i hate taking it, and forget to take it on purpose. we on this board eat really, really well, but it is known that our soils are depleted of nutrients, and my diet isn't a 100% everyday. do you all think the prenatals do more harm than good, do nothing or can help a little bit? i know WAP is anti-prenatals, but what do you think?

thanks!
#22 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all,

Wow, inspiring menus!

Dang, I gotta get on the ball & do even more TF stuff. I'd say I'm 75% TF on the average day - because though I soak all grains at home, I'll still eat unsoaked grains sometimes at others' homes or when out to eat, if that's all that's available. & I make exceptions for the bread at the farmer's market sometimes - we usually get the awesome whole-grain sourdough, but sometimes get the milder sourdough which has some white flour mixed in (sourdough all the time is just SO STRONG for me - this stuff is SOUR!). And until I get my KitchenAid food grinder attachment, most of the nut butter I have is unsoaked, but I've decided not to worry too much about it, even though I know soaked is way way better. I tried Wilderness Family Naturals' soaked nut butters - awesome, but oh - my - gosh were they expensive. I thought I was buying jars twice the size I got, and even thinking they were twice the size, they were expensive. So I won't be buying more of that. I just need to make my own!

Suzukiaustin, we had a lot of vitamin talk in the beginning of our first thread, I think! I took folic acid from about 8 months preconception through my first trimester at which point I decided I didn't want it anymore. & I took a multi (New Chapter) preconception also, until a few weeks beforehand, when I decided they were yucky. Then I stopped, mostly. Now I take a multi whenever I think I've had a really off day food-wise, or if I'm not feeling well for some reason & feel like I need to load up. But mostly I avoid them - a decision that plagued me initially (goes against the grain after all) but now I feel ok about it. My gut feeling said not to, so I didn't. But whenever I get a gut feeling that I need a little extra, I take one, & concentrate on its being for our highest good.

My thought was that prenatals could do harm if I was getting large amounts of synthetic A&D, especially in addition to high-vitamin CLO. Yes, soil depletion etc...I just felt that since I'm eating mostly local organic produce & farm-raised meats & mostly TF-prepared grains etc that I was so far ahead of the curve already that hopefully everything would be ok. The fact that the midwives I interviewed were all anti-prenatals (except for folic acid) made me feel better too.

You know, people will now start discussing pre-natals & I won't be able to read it! I don't want to second-guess myself.

So to add something totally non-TF-related, but prenancy-related, here's something I just posted to my due date club - me at 23 weeks! Not trying to turn our TF thread into a big picture swap, but I love putting faces to names if anyone does feel like sharing.
#23 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM

I take the NOW prenatal. It does not have synthetic A like most of the prenatals I looked at did, even the "natural" ones. I am still deficient in iron and D and just feel I need supplements at this time in my life.

Jen

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#24 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Wow, all you people are such TF gourmet chefs. I think I'm doing good if I have reheated homemade chicken soup (with stock, of course!) Kindly ignore the donut holes and Kettle Brand potato chips I ate today. Do I get bonus points for a kefir smoothie?
Glad I'm not the only slacker. I'm not going to be honest and fess up though.

Lori, mom to Elise 6/06, Ivy 4/08 and pos.gif 12/11
#25 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 08:57 PM

oh, i don't want to beat a dead horse about the prenatals. i'll read through the old TF pregnancy threads. thanks for letting me know that it has been discussed before!

whenever i eat non-TF i just think about how much better i am doing this pregnancy that i did with my first. my first pregnancy diet consisted of a gallon of gatorade, chick-fil-a chicken sandwiches and waffle fries and strawberry shakes - every day. oh and little debbie's oatmeal cream pies. OH MY GOODNESS! i think an organic oatmeal cookie every now and then won't kill me!

have a nice day.
#26 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 09:20 PM

OK I seem to be more sensitive to milk sugars these days (I guess that's what it is). I used to be able to drink a large glass of milk in a pinch if I couldn't eat right at that moment. I would still be hungry but it would hold me over until I had a second kwim? Anyhow, now all of a sudden I drink my big glass of milk and I feel more hungry. So I snag a piece of cheese and another glass of milk and I feel more more hungry. I feel like I'm eating candy on an empty stomach (you sugar addicts will know what I mean )

I need to stock up on snacks that hold me over. Today I was grabbing handfuls of berries to go along with my milk and again I feel like I'm not eating anything at all. : More protein I guess but nothing with protein sounds good except milk. See the vicious cycle. Dh got me some peanut butter at the store today so maybe that'll help.

#27 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh, Thomlynn, that's rough! I'm experiencing that when I eat anything that's not high in protein or fat...my stomach seems to incinerate any other foods as if they're paper! "What? That's not food! GIVE ME MORE!"
#28 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 10:26 PM

I am really frustrated right now. I seriously dream about dairy products all day, but I am very allergic to dairy. I can't even handle a tiny bit in something : I am also craving rare steaks like but obviously I can't afford a whole lot of those. We have a limited supply of grassfed organic beef in our freezer that needs to last until spring. I can only eat so many eggs before I get sick of them and other meats really don't sound good. Fish sounds disgusting. I'm taking my CLO and trying to get enough food in, but I am really lacking in the protein department right now. I'm seriously considering buying a family pack of grocery store steaks right now because that is all I want to eat, but yet I would feel so guilty if I did.

I also don't do well with grains and I have celiac, so those are ruled out. So really the only things that agree with me right now on a daily basis are veggies, fruit and almonds and a couple of eggs. Obviously that is not enough for a pregnant and nursing mama! I really am hungry! When you add in trying to be frugal, it makes me : I do have a freezer with some grassfed roasts (beef and pork), ground beef and a few chickens but like I said they need to be rationed due to cost. They don't sound good right now anyway. I need some ideas please, I have no idea what I should be eating!

I'm a hungry grumpy mama tonight, sorry for the venting!

~Rebecca~

#29 of 115 Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
Obviously that is not enough for a pregnant and nursing mama! I really am hungry! When you add in trying to be frugal, it makes me : I do have a freezer with some grassfed roasts (beef and pork), ground beef and a few chickens but like I said they need to be rationed due to cost. They don't sound good right now anyway. I need some ideas please, I have no idea what I should be eating!

I know how to you feel. I open the fridge and the pantry over and over again throughout the day looking for something to eat. The scene never changes.

Can you get just organic meat?? It isn't as good as grassfed but if might be cheaper and for sure not as bad as the regular stuff. What about different kinds of nuts just to shake things up a bit?? Or nut butters spread on something?? Not sure what since you can't do grains.

Anyhow my dd is two months younger than your ds and still nursing tons so I get you. It's hard being hungry. Glad I don't live somewhere where I don't have the choice. :

#30 of 115 Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomlynn View Post
I know how to you feel. I open the fridge and the pantry over and over again throughout the day looking for something to eat. The scene never changes.

Can you get just organic meat?? It isn't as good as grassfed but if might be cheaper and for sure not as bad as the regular stuff. What about different kinds of nuts just to shake things up a bit?? Or nut butters spread on something?? Not sure what since you can't do grains.

Anyhow my dd is two months younger than your ds and still nursing tons so I get you. It's hard being hungry. Glad I don't live somewhere where I don't have the choice. :
I was in a majorly pissy mood last night because I wanted a steak RIGHT NOW DH came home and cooked one for me. He laughed at me for wanting it so rare it was practically raw. Seriously next time I just might eat it that way so I don't have to wait for him to cook it : I ate *only* my steak for dinner as nothing else sounded remotely good. I almost threw up from looking at the leftover paella rice that the kids were eating.

I talked to DH last night and told him I need to make a run to the local organic butcher. Their meat is mostly grainfed, with a little bit of grazing, but it is organic and local. The other meat we have that is in the freezer is from this amazing place about 2 hours away and the beef is exclusively grassfed, non-vaccinated animals, and a bunch of other good things. The ranch owners are amazing people and really inspiring. We bought a large amount from them recently, but it was expensive of course (a little more than the local butcher) and its pretty much the end of their season now. We have to wait until spring again for more. We have plenty its just mostly in the form of ground beef which doesn't sound good right now.

I can't do much in the way of nuts because dd is very allergic. I can eat almonds in the kitchen and then wash my hands really well, but that is about it. I eat lots of seeds (pumpkin, hemp, sesame) and dd is fine with those. I think it boils down to buying a little steak for myself right now to eat on a daily basis until this craving is gone and sneaking more eggs in my diet. I'm trying raw whole eggs (there is a thread about it right now) in my smoothie today. I have access to organic pastured eggs on a weekly basis through our CSA, but I can only really stand to eat a couple of them. I think I will get a couple flank steaks or something that can be portioned out so I can eat a little each day right now.

I'm just so sick of either the few random things I want to be either too expensive, non-TF or something I am allergic to. I'm sure I'll figure something out!

~Rebecca~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page