The cheapest place online to buy Blue Ice CLO and BO - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you know of a cheaper place, let me know! Here's where I buy mine from The Natural Health Advocates Their customer service is great.

If you've looked at the Green Pasture site (makers of Blue Ice) you've noticed that the price per bottle of CLO (if you're buying 1-5 items) is $22.90. If you are buying 12 items at once, the cost per bottle of CLO is $15.90. But who can afford to buy 12 Blue Ice products at the same time?

Well, at the store I listed above, you can order just one bottle of Blue Ice CLO and nothing else, and the price is $15.90. I *think* they're the cheapest place online to order Blue Ice products (unless you're placing a large order with Green Pasture, in which case you'll get the same price). They also have the Gold Theraputics, fermented oils, and Butter Oil. Oh! I just remembered that on small orders, the store above has cheaper shipping than Green Pasture.

(Note: I'm not in any way affiliated with them; I just like to buy from them.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 05:43 AM

Thanks for this tip! I'm subbing so I can find this later. I'm on a Weston Price yahoogroup and someone was mentioning a couple cheap sources, one in particular. I'll have to double check and see if it's the same as yours.
#3 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 04:39 PM

subbing too! Thanks!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#4 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 05:03 PM

Are you including shipping in that $15.90 price? I usually order 12 at a time because I order for several people. The price is $13.90, but with shipping it comes to about $15.90. So if you are ordering at a starting price of $15.90 the shipping will actually make it more than the GP discount price. But, if you aren't ordering 12, then it's probably better.
#5 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Thanks! I just ordered from Dr. Ron's to test it and this is less expensive.
#6 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mrshawwk-

Right, the idea is that this other store is a lot cheaper for small orders.

Although in my experience, Green Pasture charges the amount on the order form for the bottles, and charges shipping ON TOP of that amount (like most stores do). For example, when I was going to order a couple bottles from them, it was going to be $22.90 per bottle plus $10 shipping. So if the 12-items price INCLUDES shipping, that's different than the way they calculate shipping on smaller orders.
#7 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 PM

Thank you so much!
#8 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedareth View Post
Mrshawwk-

Although in my experience, Green Pasture charges the amount on the order form for the bottles, and charges shipping ON TOP of that amount (like most stores do). For example, when I was going to order a couple bottles from them, it was going to be $22.90 per bottle plus $10 shipping. So if the 12-items price INCLUDES shipping, that's different than the way they calculate shipping on smaller orders.
I *just* did an order from Green Pastures, and it arrived last week. I did go in with a group to get the 12-item discount. The bottle of CLO cost $13.90. With shipping it came to $ 15.66.

What I don't know is how the shipping is calculated. If shipping is calculated based on the total *amount* of the order, then my calculation for shipping may be different than someone else's. My order was a combo of CLO, BO, and then then combo bottles. I also had 15 bottles of stuff in my order.
#9 of 21 Old 11-12-2007, 02:30 AM

Thank you so much!! I was about to click on the place order button with Green Pastures for one bottle and then I remembered your post!!

IRL friends would be very confused about why I'm excited that our new CLO is on its way! I just hope the cinnamon goes over better than the orange did with the children!

Thanks again!

FYI: it was $15.90 + $6 shipping = $21.90
#10 of 21 Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 AM

Are the cheaper CLO's high vitamin? I will have to check on the amount in the bottle vs the amount taken everyday. Cheaper is always better(as long as the product is the same), but not better if you are getting less product.

Off to check!

Bobbi

Wife to Chris

Mama to Maggie

.http://snoodledoodles.blogspot.com/

#11 of 21 Old 11-12-2007, 03:35 AM

subbing
#12 of 21 Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 AM

It is the same product and that is the cheapest I have found in, listed in the OP.

I ordered it with the gelcaps and can't remember the shipping. The people were very nice too

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#13 of 21 Old 12-19-2007, 08:34 AM

Bumping since I'm getting ready to order again and want more people to find this great price, thanks again!

Has anyone tried the caps rather than just the liquid? I love the cinnamon tingle liquid. The flavor doesn't really bother me at all, and then I usually get about two fish burps and then I'm fine lol. But my husband swears I'm poisoning him. I'm wondering if the caps would be better for him. Then again I gave him a gel cap of salmon oil and he felt sick all night, so who knows.
#14 of 21 Old 12-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
Bumping since I'm getting ready to order again and want more people to find this great price, thanks again!

Has anyone tried the caps rather than just the liquid? I love the cinnamon tingle liquid. The flavor doesn't really bother me at all, and then I usually get about two fish burps and then I'm fine lol. But my husband swears I'm poisoning him. I'm wondering if the caps would be better for him. Then again I gave him a gel cap of salmon oil and he felt sick all night, so who knows.
I've tried the caps and they aren't too bad. My DH will take it this way & he's worse than the kids when taking the liquid and the kids HATE both the orange and cinnamon!
#15 of 21 Old 12-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffanie3 View Post

I ordered it with the gelcaps and can't remember the shipping. The people were very nice too
yep! this is where we buy ours too. I also get my coconut oil from them
#16 of 21 Old 12-19-2007, 01:38 PM

You are talking the plain Blue Ice CLO without the butter oil right?

Where are the shipping prices for TNHA? Am I missing it?

Resistance is futile Matey
#17 of 21 Old 12-19-2007, 01:45 PM

I normally save up and buy 6 or so bottles of the Blue Ice Theraputics (the CLO + BO).

And I stocked up when GP's had their $25.00 per bottle of caps (any number of bottles... no minimum) this month.

But it's always good to watch for better prices too!

Resistance is futile Matey
#18 of 21 Old 12-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I *just* did an order from Green Pastures, and it arrived last week. I did go in with a group to get the 12-item discount. The bottle of CLO cost $13.90. With shipping it came to $ 15.66.
Thanks for the info on the shipping. I had tried to organize a group order but folks wouldn't order from Dr. Rons until they knew what the shipping would be from GP and GP doesn't make that information readily available....which is actually enough to make me *not* order from them. If I can't find out what the shipping is prior to entering my payment information then I don't think it's worthwhile to try and find out. :

At this point I've decided it's just a better idea to order the single bottle from the site that Taedareth then mess around with getting other people to commit!
#19 of 21 Old 12-21-2007, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedareth View Post
Mrshawwk-

Once you order 12 bottles, the price goes down, but you have to put them all in your basket. I run a co-op every few months & usually end up ordering a few dozen. It's the cheapest price I've found online, but my farmer who I get my meat & dairy from also sells it for $15 a bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

What I don't know is how the shipping is calculated. If shipping is calculated based on the total *amount* of the order, then my calculation for shipping may be different than someone else's. My order was a combo of CLO, BO, and then then combo bottles. I also had 15 bottles of stuff in my order.
It's probably based on weight. When I run a co-op, I add up all of the bottles we've ordered & divide the shipping charges by the amount of bottles ordered. Then I know exactly how much to charge everyone for shipping, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feb2003 View Post
Thank you so much!! I was about to click on the place order button with Green Pastures for one bottle and then I remembered your post!!

IRL friends would be very confused about why I'm excited that our new CLO is on its way! I just hope the cinnamon goes over better than the orange did with the children!

Thanks again!

FYI: it was $15.90 + $6 shipping = $21.90
Yea, I don't think I'd order one bottle at a time. However, I woud order 12 bottles for myself at a time. I would just keep the bottles in the fridge just for safe keeping. I take 1 tsp/day & each of my 3 children take 1/2 tsp, so we go through it fairly quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampered_mom View Post
Thanks for the info on the shipping. I had tried to organize a group order but folks wouldn't order from Dr. Rons until they knew what the shipping would be from GP and GP doesn't make that information readily available....which is actually enough to make me *not* order from them. If I can't find out what the shipping is prior to entering my payment information then I don't think it's worthwhile to try and find out. :

At this point I've decided it's just a better idea to order the single bottle from the site that Taedareth then mess around with getting other people to commit!
It's possible to see the total amount before you order, there's one more step before it's finalized, so once you see your total (including shipping) you still have the choice to back out. There used to be a special page for bulk orders, I think they recently changed their site, so I'm not sure how to explain it now.
Fwiw, GP's customer service has been nothing less than stellar in my experiences. I was once missing a bottle of caps & I called them & it arrived within 2 days.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#20 of 21 Old 12-21-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
It's possible to see the total amount before you order, there's one more step before it's finalized, so once you see your total (including shipping) you still have the choice to back out. There used to be a special page for bulk orders, I think they recently changed their site, so I'm not sure how to explain it now.
Fwiw, GP's customer service has been nothing less than stellar in my experiences. I was once missing a bottle of caps & I called them & it arrived within 2 days.
Yeah...but not without entering your payment information. : It's just my issue w/not wanting to enter my cc info until I'm actually ready to place the order.
#21 of 21 Old 12-21-2007, 11:22 PM

I was just asking this question a few days ago.
I just got my first ever bottle of BO and high vitamin Blue Ice CLO.

What is the dosage recommended for kids? I used to give them a teaspoon of the Arctic Naturals, but don't know how much to give them of the high vitamin CLO. They are ages

7 45lbs. or so
6 45 lbs or so
5 35 lbs. or so
3 25 lbs or so

and me Should I take the half teaspoon as stated on the bottle?

Is the dosage amount the same for BO?

User Tag List