Dizzy and bloody nose? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This last week, I have been having some disturbing symptoms. On Monday morning I was on the internet, and my nose started to bleed. It was pretty much gushing. It took 15 minutes for the bleeding to stop, and it was coming so fast was going down the back of my throat. The next day I was dizzy out of my left eye ALL Day. I didn't want to cook, read, do anything. I barely made it through work. Any time I stood up, I would get vertigo. And when I went to bed, I had to hold onto DP becuase I felt like was was inside a tornado, the spinning feeling was so bad. Then yesterday morning I was still dizzy until yesterday afternoon. I am finally feeling better. I am wondering if it is some kind of vitamin/mineral deficiency? I currently take NO supplements (not even EPO or CLO), but we are trying to eat the TF diet. We use subscribe and use the Menu Mailer.

Has anyone ever come across this? Do I cross post this somewhere else? My family is prone to bloody noses, but I have never had the dizzy problem before, and it isn't dry enough out for my nose to just spontaneously start bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This sounds like you need to see a doctor!

The only time I ever get spontaneous nose bleeds is when there is a sudden and strong change in the weather (extreme pressure changes) but I have never had dizziness with it. And the only times I've had severe dizziness was once when I had a kidney infection and once where I reacted to some antibiotics. (Won't count the alcohol induced dizziness lol).

I hope your doctor can pinpoint the cause and it's easily sorted. Good luck.
#3 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 PM

It sounds like you got a bit anemic from losing red blood cells through your nosebleed. Bumping up your iron levels can help since iron is needed to make red blood cells. I get kind of anemic around my period.
#4 of 5 Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 PM

i also thought anemia as a possibility.

dreads.gif and my man mischievous.gif. Momma to ds1 (11-'04) blahblah.gif, ds2 (8-'08) hammer.gif, dd (3-'12) orngtongue.gif, and Mr Blue, Chiyo, and Fireball, our 3 cat.gifnovaxnocirc.gif intactlact.gif uc.jpg

#5 of 5 Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 AM

honestly? the only time this EVER happened to me, just how you described, was when we had a mold problem in our back bedroom bathroom. Like, mold growing under the linoleum.

Check for mold, please. Do something about it if there is, those are all symptoms of black mold toxicity.
here is one site I found through a random check on google.
http://www.toxic-black-mold-info.com/

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.

User Tag List