TF Pregnancy Club - January/February Thread! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#181 of 247 Old 02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
 
suzukiaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate taking a bunch of supplements, but since I'm having a homebirth (no Vit K shots) I know I need to look into this.

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

Wishgarden Vitamin K
http://www.wishgardenherbs.com/index...dex&group_id=2


Or with liquid chlorophyll???

Thanks!
suzukiaustin is offline  
#182 of 247 Old 02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
 
tubulidentata2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
suzukiaustin,

I can't help with either of those supplements, but I do know that the home birth midwife in the area where I used to live recommended alfalfa tablets for days when you don't eat enough greens.
tubulidentata2 is offline  
#183 of 247 Old 02-13-2008, 03:15 PM
 
newcastlemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: My happy place
Posts: 3,988
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ketones--I generally have ketones and I am not even eating very low-carb at this point. My midwife is not worried about it at all because I eat healthy and feel well. She knows I eat higher fat and protein so I think she just attributes it to that. I am gluten and dairy free also.

Liquid cholrophyll--I think we had a discussion about that on the TF board a while back and some mamas said not to do it because it could mobilize mercury. Ask in the TF forum and see if they can give more info.

Teas--I too have a tea/infusion blend of red raspberry leaf, nettles and dandelion root that I got form my midwives. www.susanweed.com has lots of info on herbs and infusions.

Dairy-free--ITA with Allysmom that it is not just calcuim but all the co-factors that make it's absorbsion possible. I have read studies about people getting in lots of calcuim and still having weak bones and I think it is from the lack of fat soluables in the American diet. What I do is think about howhunter gatherers would have eaten animal products--more broths and organ meats that replace milk. Broths for minerals and the organs for fat soluables.

We also go through tons of broth. I am already out again and I make huge batches of it in my husband's beer brewing pot. Sometimes I wish I could just buy some milk and drink it but that is life at this point.

Hopefully I will be posting that I had a baby soon. I took two hilly nature walks yesterday and all that did was give me some contractions later that stopped. (This is what happens whenever I do a get-the-baby-out activity in the last two weeks) I am going to be in denial by the time labor actually begins.

Jen

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

newcastlemama is offline  
#184 of 247 Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter
 
steph117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Uuugh, I've been so bad at checking in over the past few weeks...sorry! WELCOME to all the new mamas & ttc-mamas, I'll add you to the first post!

Jen - good luck & : for a quick & easy labor & a healthy baby! Keep us posted!

Suzukiaustin - how about an alfalfa infusion, as part of a pregnancy tea? I'm going to get some alfalfa to add to my nettle/RRL/oat top tea. Nettles are high in Vit K too from what I understand.

calcium - i do try to get my 1200 grams daily through foods (i'm not dairy-free, sounds like i'm lucky, that must be really challenging to do without) - but i've been supplementing with dr ron's mch calcium capsule (usually just one here & there - one capsule has 165 mg of calcium, & mag, d, some other co-factors for absorption, so i just tally up my daily calcium & take one whenever i feel i've fallen short). i'd prefer not to supplement but i'd rather supplement than have the calcium leached out of my teeth & bones for sure. the nettle/rrl tea i have every day is supposed to be quite high in calcium & cofactors, but i have no idea how much. i hope baby's gotten enough calcium & other stuff!

baby's due in two weeks today...yow!

anyone here think they'd be willing/able to take over "hosting" the first post in the thread soon? if no one steps up, someone will just need to start a march post & skip that first "hey, this is who's part of the club" bit.

i'm actually looking forward to discussing postpartum nutrition with y'all too...even though we get quiet sometimes, it's great to have a group of mamas who think similarly to talk to! i know very few people in person who don't find my diet during pregnancy a bit unnerving.
steph117 is offline  
#185 of 247 Old 02-15-2008, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter
 
steph117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phew2305 View Post
What kind of birth are you having? Planning on a homebirth, but we're moving probably in June so we'll see if I can pull it off When I find out where we're going I will be all over the internet looking for a good midwife, etc. I would really love a homebirth this time around. Otherwise, of course, I'm having an easy, pleasant, relaxing, eat whenever I want, joyful birth.

One crazy fun fact about yourself! Ummm, I have narrowly escaped death by alligator and leopard, one in FL, one in Africa.
Phew!!! two things:
a) when are you due?
and
b) omigosh, are you SERIOUS about the narrowly escaping death part? what ever happened??? yeeeeek!
steph117 is offline  
#186 of 247 Old 02-15-2008, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter
 
steph117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phew2305 View Post
Anyways, wondering what you drink for pregnancy teas. I am so sick of googling things and everyone says different "don't drink this..." when another one said it was fine for pregnancy, right now I've just been having lightly steeped peppermint from Mountain Rose Herbs. I also have chamomile and a couple of blends from MRH, although one place said it (chamomile) can cause allergic reactions since it's from the ragweed family...?? Sounds far fetched, but you know, pregnancy doubts...
Hi again Hannah, to echo a few PPs, my pregnancy tea is based on reccs from an herbalist - I make an overnight hot infusion of nettle & red raspberry leaf, with a dash of oat tops. I then add a splash of hibiscus & rose hip tea (cold-infused separately). I drink 4 c of that a day at this point (I used to have 2 c, upped in the last few weeks). I'm going to be adding some alfalfa later this week in anticipation of the birth!

(Oh, and sorry - just noticed you said you were due in July! Missed that before)
steph117 is offline  
#187 of 247 Old 02-16-2008, 12:59 AM
 
kristenburgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woowoo gals I think after my third BFP I'm finally ready to believe it. Could I be put in the expecting in October category! Yay I'm finally not a non-pg lurker/poster haaaahaaaaaaa! I feel so great having been working hard on TF before conceiving. And I've been getting in really really nutriient dense TF since conception. I've been having nausea but been able to eat plenty still. I'm excited about having a TF pregnancy. Followed the Brewer diet with my others and intend to do the same with this one, just a TF twist to it!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

kristenburgess is offline  
#188 of 247 Old 02-16-2008, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter
 
steph117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
Woowoo gals I think after my third BFP I'm finally ready to believe it. Could I be put in the expecting in October category! Yay I'm finally not a non-pg lurker/poster haaaahaaaaaaa! I feel so great having been working hard on TF before conceiving. And I've been getting in really really nutriient dense TF since conception. I've been having nausea but been able to eat plenty still. I'm excited about having a TF pregnancy. Followed the Brewer diet with my others and intend to do the same with this one, just a TF twist to it!
YAAAY Skrimpy!! I was wondering if you'd been able to find out yet...congrats! I hope it's a wonderful pregnancy for you
steph117 is offline  
#189 of 247 Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 PM
 
Leilalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 7,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah, CONGRATS!!!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
.
Leilalu is offline  
#190 of 247 Old 02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
 
kristenburgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you gals I'm so incredibly excited!! I can't believe how excited I am to sit down to my meal and say "hah! I'm eating good TF for my baby!" My sweetie has also agreed with me that it's a good idea to subscribe to KerryAnn's menu mailer so I can learn some yummy TF recipes beyone what I already have

My new case of CLO came in - this time I decided to try the cinnamon flavor from Green Pasture and wow! I'm impressed with it. There is no aftertaste to me, not even the slight one there was with the Artic Tingle. I'm hoping it will continue to be easy to take even if my nausea gets worse in the next few weeks.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

kristenburgess is offline  
#191 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter
 
steph117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
My new case of CLO came in - this time I decided to try the cinnamon flavor from Green Pasture and wow! I'm impressed with it. There is no aftertaste to me, not even the slight one there was with the Artic Tingle. I'm hoping it will continue to be easy to take even if my nausea gets worse in the next few weeks.
I take the cinnamon, too, and like it pretty well - better than any of the other flavors! If it does start to make you feel icky - which it did to me toward the end of the first tri - just start holding your nose when you take it! (Trick my hubby taught me...it made allllll the difference. I just couldn't take the smell of it!)

Feel good...
steph117 is offline  
#192 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 02:31 AM
 
newcastlemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: My happy place
Posts: 3,988
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's a girl!

Amy Jeanne was born at home on Friday 2/15 at 2:30am after about 3.5 hours of labor. She was 9 pounds 12 oz and 21.5 inches long. (Must have been all that meat and liver I ate!!!) She is doing great nursing and she is just so sweet. Her big brother really loves her and daddy was very excited to have a little girl.

We feel so blessed after a miscarriage and all the health problems I had to have a healthy baby in our arms

Talk to you soon!
Jen

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

newcastlemama is offline  
#193 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
 
steph117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
It's a girl!

Amy Jeanne was born at home on Friday 2/15 at 2:30am after about 3.5 hours of labor. She was 9 pounds 12 oz and 21.5 inches long. (Must have been all that meat and liver I ate!!!) She is doing great nursing and she is just so sweet. Her big brother really loves her and daddy was very excited to have a little girl.

We feel so blessed after a miscarriage and all the health problems I had to have a healthy baby in our arms

Talk to you soon!
Jen
Omigosh, Jen, CONGRATS! : & WELCOME to little (well, not very little) Amy! Sounds like an incredible birth - and what an amazing size she is (though now I feel a bit alarmed since I've been eating lots of meat too )! I hope you'll post pics eventually...enjoy the babymoon with your family!
steph117 is offline  
#194 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
 
steph117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would think THIS might explain it to some people...but you know, it amazes me to think that for many, many meat-eaters out there, this won't change a thing! (I'm talking about those that do have the means to get grass-fed, & still won't bother...not about those who have no access or can't afford it, of course!)
steph117 is offline  
#195 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 08:20 AM
 
mamaspirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, can I join your thread?

Here is my intro...

How long have you been interested in Traditional Foods and how did you first learn about it?
I was raised on a fairly TF diet, but strayed as I became independent... I've always really liked making food from scratch etc. During my pregnancy with DS#2, we really started eating more local, organic, sustainable. After a horrific birthing experience with him and myself almost dying from a blood infection, I was introduced to cultured veggies, kefir, kombucha, etc. We have taken all processed foods out of our diet and try to eat as close to the source and original food form as possible. I could go on and on as I feel very passionately about TF.

Which number child will this be for you, and what are the ages of your other children (if any)? This is baby #3. I have 2 boys ages 8yrs and 17 months. I'm due June 9.

What kind of birth are you having? We are planning a homebirth VBAC. I am soooo excited about this!

What are your other interests/hobbies? I love cooking, making my own body and baby skin products, AP parenting, my AP parenting playgroup... I just finished nursing school and am REALLY enjoying being a SAHM, finally!

What part of the world do you live in? Washington

One crazy fun fact about yourself!
I have a secret desire to burn my clothes and live naked... LOL - Actually, I can't think of anything to put here...

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
mamaspirit is offline  
#196 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 01:34 PM
 
Leilalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 7,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
It's a girl!

Amy Jeanne was born at home on Friday 2/15 at 2:30am after about 3.5 hours of labor. She was 9 pounds 12 oz and 21.5 inches long. (Must have been all that meat and liver I ate!!!) She is doing great nursing and she is just so sweet. Her big brother really loves her and daddy was very excited to have a little girl.

We feel so blessed after a miscarriage and all the health problems I had to have a healthy baby in our arms

Talk to you soon!
Jen
congrats!!!!!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
.
Leilalu is offline  
#197 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 02:41 PM
 
pampered_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere short of crazy
Posts: 4,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Congrats Jen!!
pampered_mom is offline  
#198 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 03:18 PM
 
kristenburgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations on your big healthy girl Jen!!!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

kristenburgess is offline  
#199 of 247 Old 02-18-2008, 03:19 PM
 
kristenburgess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspirit View Post
Hi, can I join your thread?

Here is my intro...

How long have you been interested in Traditional Foods and how did you first learn about it?
I was raised on a fairly TF diet, but strayed as I became independent... I've always really liked making food from scratch etc. During my pregnancy with DS#2, we really started eating more local, organic, sustainable. After a horrific birthing experience with him and myself almost dying from a blood infection, I was introduced to cultured veggies, kefir, kombucha, etc. We have taken all processed foods out of our diet and try to eat as close to the source and original food form as possible. I could go on and on as I feel very passionately about TF.

Which number child will this be for you, and what are the ages of your other children (if any)? This is baby #3. I have 2 boys ages 8yrs and 17 months. I'm due June 9.

What kind of birth are you having? We are planning a homebirth VBAC. I am soooo excited about this!

What are your other interests/hobbies? I love cooking, making my own body and baby skin products, AP parenting, my AP parenting playgroup... I just finished nursing school and am REALLY enjoying being a SAHM, finally!

What part of the world do you live in? Washington

One crazy fun fact about yourself!
I have a secret desire to burn my clothes and live naked... LOL - Actually, I can't think of anything to put here...

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome Tara!!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

kristenburgess is offline  
#200 of 247 Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
 
mamaspirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I've been a vegetarian for a while, up until a few weeks ago. I've really been craving meat this pregnancy and figure its because my body really needs it, besides I've been having issues getting enough protien from other sources, since I can't stand beans right now...

I just got a leg of lamb from my friends last spring lamb - she raised them herself, organic, pasture, etc. I need ideas of how to cook it. Can you give me some? My mouth is watering just at the thought!

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
mamaspirit is offline  
#201 of 247 Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
 
Leilalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 7,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph117 View Post
Uuugh, I've been so bad at checking in over the past few weeks...sorry! WELCOME to all the new mamas & ttc-mamas, I'll add you to the first post!

Jen - good luck & : for a quick & easy labor & a healthy baby! Keep us posted!

Suzukiaustin - how about an alfalfa infusion, as part of a pregnancy tea? I'm going to get some alfalfa to add to my nettle/RRL/oat top tea. Nettles are high in Vit K too from what I understand.

calcium - i do try to get my 1200 grams daily through foods (i'm not dairy-free, sounds like i'm lucky, that must be really challenging to do without) - but i've been supplementing with dr ron's mch calcium capsule (usually just one here & there - one capsule has 165 mg of calcium, & mag, d, some other co-factors for absorption, so i just tally up my daily calcium & take one whenever i feel i've fallen short). i'd prefer not to supplement but i'd rather supplement than have the calcium leached out of my teeth & bones for sure. the nettle/rrl tea i have every day is supposed to be quite high in calcium & cofactors, but i have no idea how much. i hope baby's gotten enough calcium & other stuff!

baby's due in two weeks today...yow!

anyone here think they'd be willing/able to take over "hosting" the first post in the thread soon? if no one steps up, someone will just need to start a march post & skip that first "hey, this is who's part of the club" bit.

i'm actually looking forward to discussing postpartum nutrition with y'all too...even though we get quiet sometimes, it's great to have a group of mamas who think similarly to talk to! i know very few people in person who don't find my diet during pregnancy a bit unnerving.

I look forward ot discussing postpartum as well

Wouldn't that be great to have a subforum for pregnant and nursing TF mamas?


I find few people who don't find it unnerving as well. And when I tell them how much fat I eat, or that I am not afraid of it, well..... you know the rest!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
.
Leilalu is offline  
#202 of 247 Old 02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
 
Taedareth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FKA the "land of the free"
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilalu View Post
Wouldn't that be great to have a subforum for pregnant and nursing TF mamas?
Oh goodness, yes. That would really make it easier for me me keep up with the discussion
Taedareth is offline  
#203 of 247 Old 02-19-2008, 11:48 PM
 
RootBeerFloat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wheat Ridge, CO
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
It's a girl!

Amy Jeanne was born at home on Friday 2/15 at 2:30am after about 3.5 hours of labor. She was 9 pounds 12 oz and 21.5 inches long. (Must have been all that meat and liver I ate!!!) She is doing great nursing and she is just so sweet. Her big brother really loves her and daddy was very excited to have a little girl.

We feel so blessed after a miscarriage and all the health problems I had to have a healthy baby in our arms

Talk to you soon!
Jen
Congratulations!!!! Jeanne is my middle name, too.

After all the dairy free calcium disucssion lately, I thought I'd share one of my latest recipie obesessions . . .

Wasabi Salmon Salad (from UltraMetabolism by Hyman with my own tweaks)
1 can wild caught Alaskan salmon with bones and skin
2TB or more chopped celery
2TB or more chopped red bell pepper
1TB chopped green onion
1tsp or more grated ginger
1/8 (I use WAY more) tsp wasabi powder
enough mayo or yogurt to make it all stick together
salt to taste

This is great on crackers or eaten over salad greens.

I'm having crazy spicy food craving this pregnancy. It's so funny to me--when I was pregnant with dd, I was super bland. Boiled chicken and veggies pretty much every night. Now, I'm like bring on the salsa! So lots of wasabi in this recipie really helps that urge.
RootBeerFloat is offline  
#204 of 247 Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 PM
 
Leilalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 7,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally'smom View Post
Congratulations!!!! Jeanne is my middle name, too.

After all the dairy free calcium disucssion lately, I thought I'd share one of my latest recipie obesessions . . .

Wasabi Salmon Salad (from UltraMetabolism by Hyman with my own tweaks)
1 can wild caught Alaskan salmon with bones and skin
2TB or more chopped celery
2TB or more chopped red bell pepper
1TB chopped green onion
1tsp or more grated ginger
1/8 (I use WAY more) tsp wasabi powder
enough mayo or yogurt to make it all stick together
salt to taste

This is great on crackers or eaten over salad greens.

I'm having crazy spicy food craving this pregnancy. It's so funny to me--when I was pregnant with dd, I was super bland. Boiled chicken and veggies pretty much every night. Now, I'm like bring on the salsa! So lots of wasabi in this recipie really helps that urge.

oooohhhhhhhhhhh, I think I must eat this NOW!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
.
Leilalu is offline  
#205 of 247 Old 02-19-2008, 11:58 PM
 
Leilalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 7,916
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
okay, anyone else craving tomatoes? or is it just me? I mean, like I seriously NEED tomatoes everyday!

And I feel sort of bad about buying them, aren't they out of season?

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
.
Leilalu is offline  
#206 of 247 Old 02-20-2008, 12:54 AM
 
mamaspirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilalu View Post
okay, anyone else craving tomatoes? or is it just me? I mean, like I seriously NEED tomatoes everyday!

And I feel sort of bad about buying them, aren't they out of season?
I have been craving them, but I won't buy them because even the organic tomatoes have no smell, are hard, and orange. I can't wait till they come into season again. I do have bunches of frozen tomatoes and I have been eating them like crazy.

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
mamaspirit is offline  
#207 of 247 Old 02-20-2008, 09:12 AM
 
jessicaSAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lost in the Woods
Posts: 1,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilalu View Post
okay, anyone else craving tomatoes? or is it just me? I mean, like I seriously NEED tomatoes everyday!

And I feel sort of bad about buying them, aren't they out of season?
Ugghhh, tomatoes.... I can't eat anything with tomatoes or tomato sauce..

I am absolutely looking forward to discussing postpartum nutrition. I always lose lots of weight fast while EBF, and often feel my body is not keeping up. I am so looking forward to being able to eat again (good by queasiness, and heartburn and food aversions!!). This will be my first TF postpartum and I am thinking the nutritionally superior diet will really help.

Jen, congrats on the babe and the quick labor!
Congrats Skrimpy on the BFP!
Welcome mamaspirit No help with the lamb here. We never have it because we don't have a source right now.

I am due in one week
jessicaSAR is offline  
#208 of 247 Old 02-20-2008, 06:08 PM
 
guestmama9916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilalu View Post
okay, anyone else craving tomatoes? or is it just me? I mean, like I seriously NEED tomatoes everyday!

And I feel sort of bad about buying them, aren't they out of season?
I don't like raw/fresh tomatoes but I was craving tomato sauce or anything with cooked tomatoes in it in the early weeks. Now my latest obsession is shrimp. I seriously almost sent DP out for shrimp the other night and we live miles from anyplace that sells good shrimp. I just couldn't do it after seeing him all comfy on the couch.

Are any of you ladies gagging on CLO? I'm having a hard time some days getting it down and I take the capsules for crying out loud!! I can swallow my Dr. Ron's vits just fine usually. But CLO is grossing me out. I took it about once a week during the 1st trimester because of this but now that I'm in my 2nd trimester, I've got to get it down more consistently. Please share any tips or tricks you have. This morning I put a CLO capsule inside a larger but empty vit C capsule that I had left over from giving my DS some vit C last night and I was able to get the CLO down just fine because I couldn't smell/taste it. I wish I had some more empty capsules.
guestmama9916 is offline  
#209 of 247 Old 02-20-2008, 06:18 PM
 
thomlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In the sun
Posts: 1,410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mmmmm..... tomatoes are loaded with vit c which is great at the end of pregnancy b/c it helps to keep your water from breaking. I had a friend craving pineapple the last month. I think she ate a whole pineapple per day, it was crazy.

Lori, mom to Elise 6/06, Ivy 4/08 and pos.gif 12/11
thomlynn is offline  
#210 of 247 Old 02-20-2008, 06:20 PM
 
guestmama9916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally'smom View Post

I'm having crazy spicy food craving this pregnancy. It's so funny to me--when I was pregnant with dd, I was super bland. Boiled chicken and veggies pretty much every night. Now, I'm like bring on the salsa! So lots of wasabi in this recipie really helps that urge.
I've craved spicy food with both of my pregnancies. Its kind of funny that even during the morning sickness phase I was wanting spicy food. One moment I was so nauseous and the next I was eating peppers and chowing down on chili. : :
guestmama9916 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off