TF Pregnancy Club - January/February Thread! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 247 Old 03-05-2008, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We do need a new thread.

I think I'm posting more than rant than anything I'm 6 weeks now. I've been having bits of nausea since like 3 days post ovulation lol, but this week it has hit big-time. Round the clock with lots of dry heaving. No vomiting though. I can still eat, but I'm getting full quickly. And random things are un-eatable (is that a word lol). The other day I could NOT eat tomatoes - they had this nasty metallic taste to me. Yesterday I couldn't eat yummy sour cream.

I think I need to go to smaller meals more frequently. I'm also wondering if more water would help? I'm not drinking a lot but thinking it may help.

I'm struggling to make meals because sometimes the thought of being in the kitchen around food turns my tummy. I normally roast a chicken every week and use the carcass for stock (which we go through by the bucket) but omg, I can't even imagine touching a raw chicken right now.

Blaaaah I was hoping that being so nourished going into this pregnancy would help me avoid some of this nausea!

Ok rant over

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#242 of 247 Old 03-07-2008, 09:15 AM

I came looking for a March thread, but couldn't find one so I'll just post here.

Just wanted to quickly post that I am very happily postpartum. Theodore Aaron (Teddy) was born Tuesday morning after a much longer than expected labor. He took his time, but had a beautiful birth and weighed about 8lbs at birth.

After all my thinking about postpartum meals I ended up eating a totally non TF meal of baked ziti brought over by our italian neighbors. Oh well, it was traditional to them.

Time to bump up the CLO, which I had trouble doing the last month, and I am slightly anemic, so I need to work on minerals too.

Looking forward to talking postpartum nutrition. We should have a couple more babies soon.......
#243 of 247 Old 03-07-2008, 09:26 AM

Congratulations Jessica!!!!!!

I was flipping through NT and on 609 Potassium Broth is specifically mentioned for those recovering from illness or childbirth. Anyone try this?? What about any of the other tonics??

Lori, mom to Elise 6/06, Ivy 4/08 and pos.gif 12/11
#244 of 247 Old 03-07-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaSAR View Post
I came looking for a March thread, but couldn't find one so I'll just post here.

Just wanted to quickly post that I am very happily postpartum. Theodore Aaron (Teddy) was born Tuesday morning after a much longer than expected labor. He took his time, but had a beautiful birth and weighed about 8lbs at birth.

After all my thinking about postpartum meals I ended up eating a totally non TF meal of baked ziti brought over by our italian neighbors. Oh well, it was traditional to them.

Time to bump up the CLO, which I had trouble doing the last month, and I am slightly anemic, so I need to work on minerals too.

Looking forward to talking postpartum nutrition. We should have a couple more babies soon.......

congrats!!!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#245 of 247 Old 03-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomlynn View Post
Congratulations Jessica!!!!!!

I was flipping through NT and on 609 Potassium Broth is specifically mentioned for those recovering from illness or childbirth. Anyone try this?? What about any of the other tonics??
I have not tried the potassium broth, but I might give it a go. I make the beet kvass regularly. That's what my Ukranian grandmother used as medicine. I use the NT recipe, but with about half as much salt as she calls for.
#246 of 247 Old 03-07-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaSAR View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!
#247 of 247 Old 03-08-2008, 07:21 PM

Congrats Jessica!

I've been kind of down in the dumps lately, and not sure why. Today I feel semi back to normal, but still just feel slow, and a little bit sad...

I made butter the other day... So yummy, I'm converted!

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page