Dairy free alternative to colostrum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi

DD( 19 months) is very allergic to maaannny foods, I have been trying to heal her gut past 9 months or so with CLO , probiotics, supplements etc. She has been on SCD past 2 months now. But her allergies are still pretty much there, Last 1 month i tried both SCD and salicylate free foods. Its been very hard. I am looking for a dairy free alternative to colostru,. Something as powerful as colostrum but dairy free , to enhance he immune system so that our diet would improve a little.Please looking for suggestions.

Thanks...Priya

Pari, Student, Job Seeker and mom to K (2006) and A(2011)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-22-2008, 12:20 AM

I have struggled with this issue as well, because even after months of active work healing my dd's gut, her immune system was still really not doing a great job. I never did find a good alternative to colostrum, but I had luck giving her supplemental elderberry extract (Sambucol) and oil of oregano, both of which seemed to help her do a better job of avoiding illness and/or getting sick less severely. I think that some of her lingering issues were caused by excess yeast in her system, and the oil of oregano plus digestive enzymes that we were already giving her really seemed to help with that.
#3 of 5 Old 04-22-2008, 01:01 PM

I don't know of a dairy-free alternative, but Kirkman Labs does make a casein free colostrum.
#4 of 5 Old 04-22-2008, 03:48 PM

forgive my ignorance, but how can anyone 'make' colostrum? i mean aside from in their own breasts? isnt the goodness inherent in colostrum from a mammal in the fact that it is a living food?

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#5 of 5 Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 PM

I have heard of mares milk(from a horse) may work and have you looking into goat or sheep milk? laming season is ending soon so you may be able to still get some. good luck

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page